Today's Firefox Update - Quick login input changed color

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Today's Firefox Update - Quick login input changed color

Post by Tastenplayer » Thu May 23, 2019 3:09 pm

You are definitely never safe from surprises with your browser.
Just now Firefox congratulated me on the latest version. Updated it secretly (it never happened automatically before).

The yellow Quicklogin background color in the Chrome had always annoyed me.
But now the colors of the Quicklogin are displayed completely different in Firefox.
In some styles it looks very odd :evil:

Clearly a small thing, for some probably unimportant. But in some styles it looks really style-damaging. :)
e.g. if the whole style is black with red and then the Quicklogin input in funny brown tone with yellowish writing stands out! And this with this coloring in the css

Code: Select all

fieldset.quick-login input.inputbox {
    background-color: #666666;
    color: #E0E0E0;
    border: 1px solid #666666;
}
In the style Old-BBS it looks extreme.
input login oldbbs.jpg
In prosilver it is darkyellow
Some colors seem to be eliminated in the latest Firefox.

And already you can adjust some styles again :lol:

david63
Name: David Wood

Re: Today's Firefox Update - Quick login input changed color

Post by david63 » Thu May 23, 2019 5:51 pm

What is the version of FF?

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Thu May 23, 2019 6:18 pm

That happens very often here. But I'm on Firefox Beta :lol:

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer » Fri May 24, 2019 1:09 pm

david63 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:51 pm
What is the version of FF?
The current version for the Desktop PC in German is 67.0 .

What's funny is that in many forums, the same style looks exactly the same as before. In my both online forums and in the local forum it is displayed inappropriately.

If you want to create a style, I find it tedious. Because you should control it in every browser how it looks like.

Installing Firefox new didn't change anything either.

My test of a change attempt showed that in my forums on the server the:
white, grey, silver and black tones no longer grab (grey and white is strange brown and gold)
Viewed in three different computers.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Fri May 24, 2019 1:20 pm

My FF updated to 67.0 overnight and I am not seeing any problems (yet!!)

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer » Fri May 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Maybe I should try the EN version too :lol:

AbaddonOrmuz
Name: Alfredo Ramos

Post by AbaddonOrmuz » Fri May 24, 2019 8:05 pm

I don't like it either, but it has been like that for a while using Firefox Nightly.

I'm not sure if this can be disabled or changed with CSS, do you know something about that?

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Fri May 24, 2019 8:06 pm

AbaddonOrmuz wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:05 pm
I don't like it either, but it has been like that for a while using Firefox Nightly.

I'm not sure if this can be disabled or changed with CSS, do you know something about that?
Yes it can easily be done with css

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer » Sat May 25, 2019 8:08 am

AbaddonOrmuz wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:05 pm
As I mentioned, I visited several forum sites yesterday that installed my styles, the colors were great everywhere.
Somehow it seems to be related to the server configuration or the php version.
Today I wanted to switch from php 7.1.29 to 7.2.18. However, there were several red error messages in the server log. So I had to go back to php 7.1.29 again.

Yes there is a css possibility. You don't choose white, grey, silver, black tones for the Quicklogin input. That's why in my styleforum now I simply formatted my main style with the background transparent and the rest red (Even in the Chrombrowser there is no yellow background anymore).
With the other styles I don't do anything at the moment, because I sent a message to Firefox about this.
I even had problems sending the message. Everything flickered and nothing went on and now my picture is double in the post on Github. And also the wrong image, for whatever reason.

On some pages videos can no longer be played. Also, this version of Firefox should be much faster. However with me it is much slower. :lol:
Uninstalling the DE version, cleaning the registry, restarting the computer and installing the EN version of Firefox did not change anything.

Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn » Sat May 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Hello, Firefox Updates Vs. 67ff (*Passwort-Manager):
Die auffälligste Neuerung ist, dass Benutzernamen- und Passwortfelder, welche von Firefox vervollständigt worden sind, nun farblich hinterlegt werden.

Quelle: Die deutschsprachige Mozilla-Community
https://planet.mozilla.de/

It means: *The most striking change is that user name and password fields completed by Firefox are now color coded (highlighted in yellow).

Example: "One result"
Login_Password_Manager_from_de_FF67.png

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer » Sun May 26, 2019 7:01 am

Yes Talk19Zehn, Yesterday I figured it out too.

Well, if you look at it closely, you'll finally get it.
If you are new on a page in a forum and have not saved the login, the color looks as desired.
As soon as you are logged in to a forum on a page and save your password in Firefox, the color changes from version 67 onwards.
So don't worry, it should show you that your login data is stored here.
If new visitors come into your forum, on your web page, everything looks as it should.
In some forum styles the color simply becomes horrible. If the color just became lighter, it would be enough :-)

In the forum, on the website where you want to control your styles, your formatting, you should simply not click in the various browsers on Save login data in browser. (Important is what a new visitor sees, not what you see when you log in).:P
It means: *The most striking change is that user name and password fields completed by Firefox are now color coded (highlighted in yellow).
Yes, but contrary to the Chrome Browser, where it is shown in yellow on all pages that my login data is stored in the browser, it is not yellow everywhere in Firefox. But in some styles in a very funny color, which is why you don't necessarily realize that it is because of the login data stored in the browser.

Furthermore: If the style is black and you enter background transparent, color red and border red, the color of the quicklogin does not change at all. Only if you log in for the admin area, the new color will be displayed.
As soon as the background color is defined as transparent and the font is not white, silver, gray, light black - the color does not change on index site.

Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn » Sun May 26, 2019 8:16 am

Hello, from my personal point of view, permanent labeling is an important feature. One should consider very well, passwords in forms to save.
Also consider using the check mark "stay logged in". The latter is a function of the respective website and will work equally well (this phpBB function could be turned off in the ACP).

The fact is also that the browsers deposit the stored passwords on the PC encrypted. It should be noted here that under certain circumstances access can be granted to authorized users. The browser settings are actually in the respective system.

My conclusion is: Do not store passwords on systems - keep away from the password manager, wherever.

Firefox-Helps read more: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/pa ... and-import

It's not a color problem in phpBB designs (in my opinion). They are systems-, and browser-related properties. phpBB developers may be able to confirm that? Thank´s and best regards.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer » Mon May 27, 2019 12:41 pm

It's not a color problem in phpBB designs (in my opinion). They are systems-, and browser-related properties. phpBB developers may be able to confirm that? Thank´s and best regards.
It definitely isn't. It shows you that you have saved your login data for this page or forum in your browser. I find it somehow superfluous.
As soon as you delete the saved login data for this page in Firefox, the color of the login is the same as it should be.
As I mentioned, I don't care, because first-time visitors see all things the way they should.

The color scheme, as it is configured in Firefox, is simply not uniform as in Chrome and therefore looks very strange on some pages.

You're absolutely right about the rest. Permanent login is no longer recommended.
You also have to be careful not to forget or keep track of where you are registered. So that you can delete yourself or have yourself deleted if you are no longer interested in this site.

Return to “General Discussion”