IFTTT Tweet Limit

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Wirral Talk

IFTTT Tweet Limit

Post by Wirral Talk »

I don't know if anybody else uses IFTTT to tweet on twitter but they appear to have reduced the maximum tweets per day from 100 down to 25. As I used it to post from phpBB to twitter with between about 30 and 70 tweets a day it has messed me up. No warning of this happening, I just suddenly get email warning then notification that I'm blocked for the rest of the day.

I'm going to try using the twitter API to cut out the middleman, I should have done it years ago.

Dan Stylez

Re: IFTTT Tweet Limit

Post by Dan Stylez »

First noticed this around July, they also started adding a load of junk in the setting up pages and the test option caught BiPolar,

Just another one of those things, when it's free it's simple and works, as soon as they start adjusting things to encourage more paying members the reliability starts to fade.

How did you get on with trying the Twitter API?

Wirral Talk

Re: IFTTT Tweet Limit

Post by Wirral Talk »

Dan Stylez wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:22 pm
How did you get on with trying the Twitter API?
Not well at all, I write php but only procedural, all the examples etc were object. Twitters own documentation seems overly complicated for such a trivial function, my eyes glaze over after about 5 minutes, their terminology is a bit weird as well for my simple brain.

I've not really had time to get stuck in, I'm sure its going to be a lot simpler than the plethora of words make out.

Return to “General Discussion”