The Origin of the Species

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
weatherkid

Re: The Origin of the Species

Post by weatherkid »

This is starting to go off topic, the jist of it is that Evolution has many holes, I can't force anyone to believe. Darwin when he thought that the cell evolved had no idea how complex it really was. Evolution shouldn't be made fact in the public school system. there should at least be both sides in schools for kids to decide for themselves

p.s. the bible verse was from the NIV not the KJV, the niv has many errors as well and can't accurately translate each verse
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

weatherkid wrote:the jist of it is that Evolution has many holes,
So has creation
weatherkid wrote:I can't force anyone to believe.
In that case I'm missing the point of this topic.

Those that truly believe in creation can't be brought on a different mind, and those that truly believe in the big bang theory can't as well. I think that the truth is somewhere in between, but this kind of discussions will never end until one of the two gets proven.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

Erik Frèrejean wrote:Those that truly believe in creation can't be brought on a different mind, and those that truly believe in the big bang theory can't as well. I think that the truth is somewhere in between, but this kind of discussions will never end until one of the two gets proven.
I don't think you explained that well enough. I doubt you'll find too many people who would stick with the big bang theory if a better, more supported theory was come up with. Not so with religion.

I am not sure I agree with most of what the big bang theory has, but it's about the best that we have. I don't have enough experience and equipment to test and validate things other scientists have said regarding astronomical bodies and it is simply not possible to gather all of the information required to say it is a fact.

As for religion, I like the idea of the ancient astronomer hypothesis, which explains religions and many other bizarre things from ancient times quite well. For origins of life and the universe, I really don't care as it's not possible to prove either way and either way, knowing the cause really doesn't change anything.
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

I also feel this topic has had its time.

The comments are just doing a full circle without anyone likely to change thier belief.

I will leave it open till Sunday Evening GMT - unless another Moderator thinks it should be closed earlier - if not I will be locking this topic then.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
weatherkid

Post by weatherkid »

o.k. I'm not against locking it, anyone will believe what they want to believe in. There is only one side that is correct. you can force yourself to believe that evolution is true. none of us were there at the dawn of time. you can't scientifically prove anything.

God has given us a book that records it, the Bible. Everyone will one day be judged by that book.

Although I'm not forcing my religion on anyone, I am proclaiming the truth. For God and the Bible can only be taken by faith.

Evolution has to also be taken by faith, the only problem is that it is silly, insulting, and illogicial.

May all of you come one day to the knowledge of our Lord and Saivour.

I'm not only having blind faith, God's works are prevelent throughout creation. Here is a verse that God told the writer before scientists ever figured it out.

Ecc 1:6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits. This is referring to the jet stream

Ecc 1:7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

If anyone wants to keep this discussion going I suggest PMing me
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

There is only one side that is correct.
Prove it please.
none of us were there at the dawn of time. you can't scientifically prove anything.
...and you can't disprove anything
God has given us a book that records it, the Bible.
So God wrote this book? I thought it was written by others. :?
Although I'm not forcing my religion on anyone, I am proclaiming the truth. For God and the Bible can only be taken by faith.
Wait, I thought God and the Bible, according to your logic, were absolute fact. What does "...taken by faith" mean?
Evolution has to also be taken by faith, the only problem is that it is silly, insulting, and illogicial.
Let's say I believed in Evolution, I think I would be quite upset/angry by your "silly, insulting and illogical" remarks given above.
Ecc 1:6 The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.

Ecc 1:7 All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.
Talk about "silly". :roll: They couldn't explain it so the only "belief" they could have as to why was "it has to be God".

Here is the gospel according to Rich
RMcGirr83 wrote:The white fluffy stuff falleth from the heavens, from which we know not, but it falleth unto thy ground at thy feet and makes them cold. Forsooth, I need some shoes.
BTW, weatherkid could you answer a question that has been bothering me for a while. If no one has seen God, how is it that all references to the deity depict him as a man? It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that the men who wrote the book, during the time, thought themselves better than women would it?

Chris is correct, this one has run it's course. ;)
Jim_UK
Former Team Member

Post by Jim_UK »

I find it incredible in this day and age that anyone actually believes there is a God. We can forgive the backward tribes that exist for doing so as that is their only way of explaining things they do not understand but for pity's sake look at all the ills there are in the world. Can anyone believe that if there was a God that created the heavens and earth that he/she/it would allow such to happen.

Get real folks and crawl into the 21st Century - there is no one out there except perhaps little green men.

In fact if I was a bookmaker I would give odds of 2 to 1 on for little green men and less than 1 in 1,000,000 for a God.
In deference to the poor souls that still believe I have spelt God with a capital "G" ;)

Jim
The truth is out there.
Unfortunately they will not let you anywhere near it!
Semi_Deus

Post by Semi_Deus »

Jim_UK wrote:I find it incredible in this day and age that anyone actually believes there is a God. We can forgive the backward tribes that exist for doing so as that is their only way of explaining things they do not understand but for pity's sake look at all the ills there are in the world. Can anyone believe that if there was a God that created the heavens and earth that he/she/it would allow such to happen.

Get real folks and crawl into the 21st Century - there is no one out there except perhaps little green men.

In fact if I was a bookmaker I would give odds of 2 to 1 on for little green men and less than 1 in 1,000,000 for a God.
In deference to the poor souls that still believe I have spelt God with a capital "G" ;)

Jim
Exactly! Kudos +1
Tom
Former Team Member
Name: Tom Catullo

Post by Tom »

I personally think that topics which discuss religious issues should not be allowed on this forum because too many people get insulted, and nothing is ever proven by discussing the religious aspects of any theory. I am looking forward to the locking of this topic.
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

I don't see the point in leaving this open until Sunday, so I'm going to lock it now.
Debates like these are circular and always will be and I agree it's best not to discuss them here.
No one can prove anything either way and until they can I suggest not bringing this up again ;)

If anyone has any issues regarding the locking of this topic, please feel free to PM me :)
Topic Closed.

Kenny.
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

Return to “General Discussion”