U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
narqelion
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 7235
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:00 pm
Contact:

U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by narqelion » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:45 pm

Got your candles ready and laptops charged? ;)

Green Light
Registered User
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by Green Light » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:57 pm

nope :P.
Your still using the energy from charging.. haha :lol:
1:31 remain
http://www.earthhour.org/home/

narqelion
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 7235
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by narqelion » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Yes but not during that hour I won't be.... :P Nothing wrong with using battery power you have stored up for the necessities like NCAA tournie and computing. Plus I'll be doing it in the dark. Well in the candlelight I should say. :D

Green Light
Registered User
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by Green Light » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:53 pm

narqelion wrote:Yes but not during that hour I won't be.... :P Nothing wrong with using battery power you have stored up for the necessities like NCAA tournie and computing. Plus I'll be doing it in the dark. Well in the candlelight I should say. :D
LOL.
Your creating CO2 emissions :P
I'm just torturing my parents.. telling them to turn the tv off and get off the phone.. even though it hasn't started yet.

What's the difference from battery power and wall power? You use wall power for the battery.
Anyway I'm gonna be so bored for an hour.. hehe
To bad I can't find any KNO3 anywhere besides eBay. (it's what I do when I'm not inside)

User avatar
Phil
Former Team Member
Posts: 10403
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:11 am
Name: Phil Crumm
Contact:

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by Phil » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:54 pm

For what it's worth, I wasn't even aware of it until I saw this topic, and I have no intention in participating.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

User avatar
Tom
Former Team Member
Posts: 2665
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:12 am
Name: Tom Catullo
Contact:

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by Tom » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:58 pm

I think it's a nice idea, but I have some work to get done tonight on my laptop, so I don't think I'll be able to lose another hour of my time, even for a worthy cause such as Earth Hour.

narqelion
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 7235
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by narqelion » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:59 pm

Lol, it's about the consumption of energy. The batteries were charged already, the power already consumed by the battery. Perfectly acceptable to use batteries during Earth Hour, for flashlights, laptops, smoke detectors etc... It's like money already spent. You are a teenager, no need to torture your parents any more than simply by existing. :P

Green Light
Registered User
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by Green Light » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:38 am

narqelion wrote:Lol, it's about the consumption of energy. The batteries were charged already, the power already consumed by the battery. Perfectly acceptable to use batteries during Earth Hour, for flashlights, laptops, smoke detectors etc... It's like money already spent. You are a teenager, no need to torture your parents any more than simply by existing. :P
Haha.. no they tortured me enough.. ;)
Making kids work from the age of 12.. at least now are business is sold.
(I have all lights off but I'm still using my computer)

User avatar
Phil
Former Team Member
Posts: 10403
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:11 am
Name: Phil Crumm
Contact:

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by Phil » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:45 am

Green Light wrote: (I have all lights off but I'm still using my computer)
Ironically (or not), your computer uses more electricity than every light in the room you are in combined. What exactly are you trying to prove by doing this?
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

Green Light
Registered User
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by Green Light » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:59 am

iWisdom wrote:
Green Light wrote: (I have all lights off but I'm still using my computer)
Ironically (or not), your computer uses more electricity than every light in the room you are in combined. What exactly are you trying to prove by doing this?
In my room 1 light.. but I said 'all' kitchen,living room,others rooms, bathroom.. in my kitchen alone there are 9 lights. (that may be because it's bigger then an apartment.. :)

User avatar
Phil
Former Team Member
Posts: 10403
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:11 am
Name: Phil Crumm
Contact:

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by Phil » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:01 am

Regardless, your computer still uses more. And what does an apartment have to do with anything?
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

narqelion
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 7235
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:00 pm
Contact:

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by narqelion » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:14 am

Quit being such a sourpuss.. :P All he had to do was turn off lights which he did, leave him alone. :D
@ Green Light, did you see Big Ben go dark? The cities that participate look amazing. :)

/me on my battery powered laptop in the dark. so there. :P

Green Light
Registered User
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by Green Light » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:18 am

narqelion wrote:Quit being such a sourpuss.. :P All he had to do was turn off lights which he did, leave him alone. :D
@ Green Light, did you see Big Ben go dark? The cities that participate look amazing. :)

/me on my battery powered laptop in the dark. so there. :P
LOL.. seriously.. the "vote" was lights off.. ;)
No I didn't see it :/
I was watching a movie at the time.. I'm going to check the website.
@iWisdom
and by apartment.. they usually have less lights then homes.

User avatar
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Posts: 5666
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:31 pm
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.
Name: Nathan

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by EXreaction » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:22 pm

iWisdom wrote:
Green Light wrote: (I have all lights off but I'm still using my computer)
Ironically (or not), your computer uses more electricity than every light in the room you are in combined. What exactly are you trying to prove by doing this?
Not really.

My laptop, at full power usage uses about 30W. My desktop at normal usage is probably around 150W. I've got 4 65W lights in my room, plus two more 15W light bulbs and another I don't know the size of ATM.

Well over 300W in just light bulbs in my room if I'd turn them all on. :P

User avatar
Phil
Former Team Member
Posts: 10403
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:11 am
Name: Phil Crumm
Contact:

Re: U.S. posters ready for earth hour?

Post by Phil » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:23 pm

How about your monitor? Printer? External hard drives? Router?
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”