The pluses and minuses of Spring

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: The pluses and minuses of Spring

Post by DavidIQ »

This year was particularly nasty for me. Watery eyes, sneezing, even coughing. It was really bad to the point I was taking Allegra + Sudafed in the morning and Singulair + Benadryl (to sleep) + Sudafed in the evening just to get by and I would STILL wake up in the middle of the night with a sneeze attack. My wife hated it almost as much as I did :lol: So that's the only negative for me.

+ Warmer weather
+ Spring breakers
+ Warmer weather
+ Return of green
+ Warmer weather (do you see a pattern here...)

:lol:
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

I used to suffer with allergies especially in the spring.

no longer.

two differences;

1. I quit smoking 4 years ago

2. I take vitamins ( a lot )

3. I dont' believe in getting sick.

I am 58 years old, I have rarely been sick, The only time I have been in a hospital was for tonsils when I was 7 and I was burned in a fire in 2004.
I attribute my good health to the fact that I don't expect to be sick . I expect to be healthy, that is the natural state of the human body.

robert
p.s. apparently my math skills have suffered over the years though. I said above that there were two differences and then listed three.
:shock: :oops:
Last edited by Lumpy Burgertushie on Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
DavidIQ
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

I don't get sick either actually...but this allergy thing has never been this bad for me. Prior to tearing my achiles tendon I hadn't been in the hospital since I was about 10. For obvious reasons I just couldn't avoid it this last time... :roll:

I totally agree with cha Robert 8-)
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: 1. I quit smoking 4 years ago
No doubt that has helped you a lot....and it would probably help me as well.
Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

I don't smoke. Never have. I prefer to not get sick, but I do anyway. :P

I think it is great you quit smoking and all, but unfortunately some of us have a poor immune system. :(
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN
narqelion
I've Been Banned!

Post by narqelion »

Image Are your allergy meds messing with your sense of direction today? :P
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

Techie-Micheal wrote:I don't smoke. Never have. I prefer to not get sick, but I do anyway. :P

I think it is great you quit smoking and all, but unfortunately some of us have a poor immune system. :(
I understand that you can have a poor immune system. However, preferring not to get sick and choosing not to are really different things.

The human body will remain in perfect health unless we do something to change it.
Our mental attitude has a lot ( a lot ) to do with our health, mental and physical.

If you have problems with your immune system, then certainly you do whatever your doctor says.

But, along with that, you can greatly increase your chances of recovery with changes in attitude and life style.

Start taking massive doses of vitamin C and other vitamins.

Spend a little time to "smell the roses" as they say.

Learn to enjoy the beauty of the world around you.
Take deep breaths.
Look in the mirror and smile. ( do you know that it is impossible to be sad or depressed while you are smiling? )

Look in the mirror and smile again. :D :D :D

My philosophy of life is simple;

Life is too short to be miserable!

As an example of how this type of thinking can affect your body;

A couple of years ago, I was trying to start a car with a cup full of gas . The car backfired , I jumped, the gas spashed and I went up in flames.
It wasn't life threatening, but I was burned pretty bad on both arms and hands. I recovered and was mostly healed up in about a month instead of the 4 to 6 months the doctors told me.

I attribute the quick healing to the fact that I just made up my mind that I was going to get better as fast as possible. While I was standing there like a crispy critter waiting on the life flight to arrive, I told my mother and sister " well, I am hurt, but let's get on with whatever I have to do to get over it".

One of the things that I have learned over the years is to pay attention to the important stuff and most things are just not that important.

luck and joy,
robert
Anon
Former Team Member

Post by Anon »

Autumn down here. While it's beautiful (From the top floor of my university library I can see all of my city, a few buildings amongst a forest of trees, and when they all turn yellows, reds and golds...), cold weather isn't fun :(

Return to “General Discussion”