Microsoft Getting Desperate: Bribes Users to Download IE8

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Akea

Re: Microsoft Getting Desperate: Bribes Users to Download IE8

Post by Akea »

:lol:

Love the comments section.
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Post by Highway of Life »

ToonArmy wrote:Kudos to digg I've found the version MS meant to publish: http://kilianvalkhof.com/ie8fun/ :mrgreen:
That's priceless!! :lol: :lol:
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.
sixtvs

Post by sixtvs »

Highway of Life wrote:
ToonArmy wrote:Kudos to digg I've found the version MS meant to publish: http://kilianvalkhof.com/ie8fun/ :mrgreen:
That's priceless!! :lol: :lol:
And so funny
matthewf

Post by matthewf »

Hi, haven't posted here for a while but anyway, been a long term user of firefox, (ITS THE BEST!) I utterly always hated IE, and don't use it when I can, and rarely do use it, in windows 7, hopefully by removing IE, more will jump away from that rubbish browser and use something a lot safer, it doesn't surprise me that M$ has sunk this low, they know that window 7less IE will probably sell more then those with IE, the only slight problem, is that some stuff like steam, needs the rendering engine, so needs IE installed, of though the devs may start using other browser engines, not sure if this move will prompt them to do so, or still force people to download a rubbish browser that they don't want? time will tell, then again, sloppy PRing has always been M$ thing, as they claimed you can upgrade from windows 7 from XP, the real truth is, YOU CAN'T, only a clean install will work, and that's not an upgrade :!:

but anyway, M$ is getting desperate, that is for sure, but again, I wouldn't touch IE with a barge pole, and Im sure a lot of people won't either, and MS knows that, hence the bribes and false information :D
stevettt781

Post by stevettt781 »

Its ridiculous how much Microsoft is pushing IE8.0! Perhaps they're getting worries cos a certain Mr Jobs has returned to work!! :D

Return to “General Discussion”