I need some help or advice?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
illmakeyouscream

I need some help or advice?

Post by illmakeyouscream » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:18 pm

When someone wants to sue you, don't they usually have to let you know what they're sueing you for?
I'm just curious. I don't know where to post this either. I need some advice for a friend. :mrgreen:

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: I need some help or advice?

Post by stevemaury » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:28 pm

What jusridiction are you in? But yes, generally.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

illmakeyouscream

Post by illmakeyouscream » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:30 pm

stevemaury wrote:What jusridiction are you in? But yes, generally.
jusridiction- does that mean Country? I have no idea.
I know I'm in the USA.

Peetra

Post by Peetra » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:32 pm

well, if it get to court the reason probably will appear in a letter sent home (or given) to the one who is getting sued.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawsuit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filing_%28legal%29
I am so hooked on bubbles, that I made a Bubble Witch Saga WP-site! Most addictive game since Tetris!

illmakeyouscream

Post by illmakeyouscream » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:36 pm

This is what my friend sent to me today since he's below the age of 18 in the USA laws, which means you're a miner. This is the what the guy sent to him in an email:

Since you have now confirmed to me that you are a child, this matter is now between me & your parents

your parents should receive my notice of intent to sue via Registered US MAIL by the end of next week.

This guy threaten to sue him once before, but he told him what he was sueing for. This guy has been picking on a kid for over a year now & he's 43! He hacked his website, he also stalks him & harasses & talks about him & shows his IP to his members on his phpbb forum!

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:32 am

Well that's where the parents should have intervened. If they haven't already they should...a long time ago :|
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

illmakeyouscream

Post by illmakeyouscream » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:12 am

Yeah, but some people don't have the money to pay a lawyer & all that crap.
I also don't think he could sue him for anything though.

He threatened him once & if he's now process this sue now that's kinda funny. I don't think it takes forever to send something out to someone. He knew he was 17 & he wanted him to confirm it with him, makes no sense weird.

marieBD12

Post by marieBD12 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:13 pm

don't know what communication he has with your friend,ie phone, letter, or just the net, but tell your friend to either ignore him or threaten him with police action followed by legal proceedings.

illmakeyouscream

Post by illmakeyouscream » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:16 am

He was suppose to get something by the end of last week & he never did. I don't know if he is I hardly doubt it though because the guy probably was just trying to scare him. This guy thinks he owns the internet. But he doesn't. He needs to grow up & leave other people alone. Yes he might have a website similar with the names but it's not using the words it's both similar websites doing the same thing but he has different rules & requirements, & information for his members & he doesn't trash talk his members even if they are banned he doesn't go trash talking & keep picking on someone that was banned over a year ago & let his members & staff members play in such childish games. He doesn't tell his members to join their forums & start harassing them I think that's illegal some where down the line.

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:03 am

People like this thrive on attention. They are best ignored. If the guy really does file the lawsuit, you should get some notification other than his blustering.

Return to “General Discussion”