Only ~65MB per day. If all you do is check your email, then you're not going to hit any limits. If you regularly stream music/video to your phone, then 2GB can go by really quickly. You may not do this every day, but there might be a situation where you have to kill a bunch of time and I don't want to be thinking about the limit. Even if you use 50MB for each of 11 months, you'll still be changed extra on the 12th if you go over.iWisdom wrote:2GB is frankly a lot of data to move on a device that one does not use for downloading large applications/files, etc, particularly when Wifi is easily available for downloading larger applications (you'd be a fool to try to download anything of any size on AT&T's 3G network, anyway).
In any case, as of 2 days ago, I'm officially done with at&t (switched to Verizon). So far, I've transferred 8,325.8KB, which is barely anything. I have not, however, had a chance to set up video/audio streaming from my server, so have no idea how that's going to affect things.
The way I see it, mobile data plans are expensive enough already. at&t themselves admit that 98% of their customers are below the 2GB limit, so I cannot imagine the other 2% causing any serious strain on the network. They just recognize that data usage isn't going to decrease anytime soon and that a tiered system is more profitable in the long run. It's now $25 for 2GB. Want more? How about 5GB for $35 or 10GB for $50. I just hope other providers don't follow as that would be the opposite of where competitive markets should be going.