Page 13 of 13

Re: Apple iPad

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:18 pm
by Highway of Life
knightofdoom wrote:as much as i like the ipad.. i sucks too.. the device is not fully ready to come to the hands of the consumers .there are many more bugs to be fixed
Just out of curiosity, have you actually tried one? How do you know?
Windows Vista had bugs too, as does Windows 7, and about every other software out there, does that mean that they are not fully ready to come into the hands of consumers? That's not the way software works. :)

Re: Apple iPad

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:43 pm
by KevC
I can't say I've noticed any bugs in the 3 weeks I've been using mine.

Re: Apple iPad

Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:25 pm
by god0fgod
Highway of Life wrote:
knightofdoom wrote:as much as i like the ipad.. i sucks too.. the device is not fully ready to come to the hands of the consumers .there are many more bugs to be fixed
Just out of curiosity, have you actually tried one? How do you know?
Windows Vista had bugs too, as does Windows 7, and about every other software out there, does that mean that they are not fully ready to come into the hands of consumers? That's not the way software works. :)
In the case of Microsoft, the more bugs the better because it's easier to make the next version.

Re: Apple iPad

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:21 am
by keith10456
god0fgod wrote:...In the case of Microsoft, the more bugs the better because it's easier to make the next version.
You confused me with this one :?

Re: Apple iPad

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:03 am
by Darth Wong
keith10456 wrote:
god0fgod wrote:...In the case of Microsoft, the more bugs the better because it's easier to make the next version.
You confused me with this one :?
He should have used the word "sell" instead of "make". Bugs make it easier for Microsoft to sell their next version of Windows, because people will buy it in the hope that the bugs from the last version were fixed.

Re: Apple iPad

Posted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:00 am
by callumacrae
god0fgod wrote:I think people have said enough about Safari and WebKit.

Back to the iPad shall we?

The iPhone is getting the multi-tasking, I assume the iPad is too. That can only be a good thing for many people who were hesitant before due to these certain features.
Yes it is, later, when iPad gets iOS4.

The iPad has now passed Android in total browser usage share :D

~Callum

Re: Apple iPad

Posted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:03 pm
by keith10456
By now many of you probably already heard of the $100 tablet that recently went on sale at Kmart. In India, students at the Indian Institute of Technology produced a $35 tablet (runs on Google's Android OS... like the $100 tablet @ Kmart). The project was government funded in an effort to help bring technology to the masses.

It's important to note that the $35 tablet is NOT currently available in the US.

Let the games begin 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytIKIGRW7j0

Re: Apple iPad

Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:46 am
by Saldash
Cheap knock-offs


I want the Asus eee Tablet (Article - here)

I'm not a big fan of Android, and Apple is very expensive.
At least this way, I can make apps for my own use without needing approval everytime I want to chance or edit something.

Re: Apple iPad

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:39 pm
by jinkal
Normally I've carried always a laptop with me, owning an iPad would mean that I've got to carry a second device around that is getting getting near to the size of my laptop,
but this is not looking like laptop,its like pad full touchability