Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
CaNNon_
Registered User
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by CaNNon_ » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:40 pm

I believe pedophiles are criminals. You don't think they should have to do the court and jail bit?
Lets also consider the higher up who covered up a crime they get a free ride too?

User avatar
jbones
Registered User
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: just outside of Dayton, Ohio

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by jbones » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:44 am

wise men once said:

Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual.
Thomas Jefferson

The law is reason free from passion.
Aristotle

Man, when perfected, is the best of animals, but when separated from law and justice, he is the worst of all.
Aristotle

"If the law supposes that," said Mr. Bumble, "the law is an ass, a idiot."
Charles Dickins
From novel Oliver Twist.

User avatar
nuckfan15
Registered User
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:46 am
Location: Vancouver, BC
Name: Travis

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by nuckfan15 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:35 pm

CaNNon_ wrote:I believe pedophiles are criminals. You don't think they should have to do the court and jail bit?
Lets also consider the higher up who covered up a crime they get a free ride too?
It is how it is. Money is power my friend. Deal with it.

SamG
Former Team Member
Posts: 3221
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2001 6:35 pm
Location: Beautiful Northwest Lower Michigan
Name: Sam Graf

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by SamG » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:55 pm

The power of money is not in itself, but in the power and in the desire of a seller. Criminals who have the means to buy escape have nothing at all unless there is a seller with sufficient power and sufficient greed to execute the sale.
We should talk less, and say more.

CaNNon_
Registered User
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by CaNNon_ » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:22 am

nuckfan15 wrote:
CaNNon_ wrote:I believe pedophiles are criminals. You don't think they should have to do the court and jail bit?
Lets also consider the higher up who covered up a crime they get a free ride too?
It is how it is. Money is power my friend. Deal with it.
No my friend not money or power... just a predators influence on the younger members of his flock.

User avatar
nuckfan15
Registered User
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:46 am
Location: Vancouver, BC
Name: Travis

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by nuckfan15 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:45 pm

CaNNon_ wrote:
nuckfan15 wrote:
CaNNon_ wrote:I believe pedophiles are criminals. You don't think they should have to do the court and jail bit?
Lets also consider the higher up who covered up a crime they get a free ride too?
It is how it is. Money is power my friend. Deal with it.
No my friend not money or power... just a predators influence on the younger members of his flock.
I was pointing to the fact that if you have money, your usually above the law in our culture. Just how it is.

CaNNon_
Registered User
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by CaNNon_ » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:51 am

Well that's true but in this case it's politics, no separation of church and state in the Vatican city. So the guys who set the policy in our countries are immune from our laws.

Popp Singh
Registered User
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by Popp Singh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:44 pm

""Pig-headed creationists" implies that creationists are pig-headed. Otherwise, you would have said "creationists who are pig-headed""

This is not true . If you do some research you will find that out . It used to be a rule of grammar but it isnt anymore . And dont ask me to prove it find out for yourself . And if we want to argue about the correct use of language you should have written written and not said or ?

This isnt aimed at anyone . Its an attempt to put a few things in perspective = the catholic church , creationists , the christian god , the bible , democracy and the law . But maybe it doesnt come across very well because the subjects deeply anoy me and a lot of what i`m saying i learnt in german and have dificulty translating it . Plus what i`m saying is common knowledge and you would have read and heard about it if you were old enough and had been paying attention to the news and history lessons at school .

The catholic pope is not the only pope there are at least 3 others .
He was am member of the hitler youth .
He was in charge of the department of the catholic church that was responsible for clearing things like pedophilia from catholic priests up wich actualy covered those crimes up .
There is a letter that has been published recently where he congratulated a high ranking oficial of that church for makeing sure that a priest wasnt reported to the police . That priest later was tried and is in prison . The other person , i think it was a bishop , was also found guilty but only got a suspended sentance . ( That was on CNN news today ) .
Jesus said that anyone who harms a hair on a childs head will never reach thje kingdom of heaven .
The popes brother just got caught lieing because he denyed physicaly abuseing children .
The catholic church was involved with the cover up of the holocaust . They were openly and publicly against jews untill 1961 .
The pope in the war , just like the british and the americans , knew about the plans for the holocaust before it started . This was proved by survivers of the warsaw getto who invited aliled agents to come to the getto and who were then shown the cattle wagons at the train station . The british government then sent moskito reconesance planes to look at the camps . The pictures are available . The alies didnt bomb the rail tracks into the camps wich would have been very easy and would have stoped the holocaust .
Hitler was a catholic .
No where in the bible does it say that anyone should form a new jewish sekt = christianity or wear a uniform or be celebate .
The catholic church is imensly rich and most of that money comes from crimes against humanity . Think about the portugese and spanish empires that were built with the permission of the catholic church who took a stake in the riches that were stolen from south america and asia . A catholic pope "gave" the portugese asia and the spanish south america . The jesuits extracted money from those colonys .
The countrys in the world where the italian mafia are strongest are catholic countrys and because of the confesions on sundays the cvatholic church knows who a lot of them are and says it doesnt help bring them to justice because of the secrecy of confessions . A good but not the only example of what i mean is the bishop of chicago , i think he was called marchinkas , who has an arrest warant out for him because of conections to the mafia . The catholic church gave him asylum and wouldnt alow him to be extradited . He is not the only one .
The catholic church has been responsible for more wars , genocide , mass murders and child abuse than any other organisation in history . Remember 1000 years of the dark ages ? The wich hunts ? The burnings ? The murder and slavery .
If you all would bother to read the bible from cover to cover you would see that the bible god is a killer , a mass murderer and that the bible is full of war crimes and revenge . Remember abraham ? He said god told him to comit adultery with one of his slaves who then had a son . Thou shalt not commit adultry . Then his god told him to kill his own son but later abraham said that god had changed that order and then ordered him to circumsise a baby = sexual assult . If youzd read the bible you would see that there are 3 diferent versions of the ten comandmenst in it .

On the subject of creationists . Thou shalt not take the lords name in vain , thou shalt not bear false witness . Most creationists arent catholics and are against catholics . Go to america and ask and thats wahat you will hear from the majority of them . BUT strangely enough they use the bible wich is a catholic book . Only god if he exists knows exactly what he did . The bible is being missrepresented by those fundamentalists , with the emphasis on mental , and in the case of the creation the bible doesnt say if it were days in the way we think opf them or godly days = maybe ages .Anyway the bible must be wrong in that case because for one the plants were created before the sun and plants dont grow without sun . There are other anomalys in the creation story .

In a democracy the laws are the same for everyone = ALL acusations and cases of child abuse or any crimes must be investigated and if needs be the people tried and fairly punished and that isnt happening = we dont live in democracy and laws are for poor people and not for the rich and powerfull .

So please stop the imature pseudo semantic arguments and get back to the content of the first post .

To GanjaGarden its good that there are people around like you . People that are honest and dare to say that the emperer has no clothes on . ............. And put that baby in your avatar out doors its the indoor ones that have been asociated with negative mental effects . Last but not least did you know that the roots of all religeons lie in drugs ? Especialy judeism and its two off spring sekts christianity and islam .

If anyone wants to talk about or debate subjects like this please visit our new forum about psychenautics and entheogens at http://www.phpbb.com/rules/#rule6a

Amen
Last edited by darcie on Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to your site not necessary here, thanks!

User avatar
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Posts: 6048
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Name: David Lewis
Contact:

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by Highway of Life » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:51 pm

About 3 million catholics were killed during the holocaust, 6 million were Jews. Due to your error in the involvement in Catholics in the holocaust, it casts doubt on everything else you said. (Most of which is just blatant lies - which I don’t even feel the need to dignify.)

Additionally, considering that your site praises and encourages illegal activity, I can’t imagine anybody believes a word you say in regards to crimes.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

Popp Singh
Registered User
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by Popp Singh » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:30 pm

LOL . Man o man o man didnt you learn anything at school ?Tell me what parts of what i said are wrong .So far in answer all you have realy said is "I`m not playing anymore if you dont agree with me " . Isnt that a bit childish ?

You seem to me to like to make things easy for yourself and that youve got blinkers on that are also closed at the front by a mirror . When it comes down to it you have reacted like a creationist = science is wrong and the bible should be taken as ultimate fact inspite of common sense and scientificaly proven facts .

Are you saying that 3 million of the 6 million jews that were murdered were cathlic as well ? Or are you saying that 9 million people were murdered ? Both are not true . Of the 6 million some were homosexuals , autistic people , mongoloids , spastics , hard criminals , jehovas witnesses and others and the rest were jews .

Sorry people but as the guy wont come and talk to us or even admit that his views could be based on propoganda and indoctrination i am going to reply here . I wont do it again because this forum isnt the place for it and the theme of this thread is about should criminals be punished . ( But strangely enough isnt it what we have been talking about = the legitimacy of laws and if they aply to all or if some people have imunity ) .

Thanks for visiting our web site but why didnt you join and debate what i said and what you believe could it be you are afraid to open your mind ? And on the subject of laws what is said there is not aginst the law in holland where the site is registered = what you said could be seen as slander wich is illegal . Then are you saying that all laws are legitimate ? If you are your kind of saying the holocaust was legitimate because when it happened it happened with the aproval of the german state and the courts = it was legal in their country . As far as cannabis goes its "legal" in 13 states in america and in italy , germany , spain , holland and portugal in small amounts . In los angeles there are over 1000 legal cannabis dispensarys and obama has ordered the police not to close them . The EU has a department that advises it about drugs and they say the laws are wrong at the moment . The web adress of that department is on our site . Remember ronald reagon , george bush , clinton and obama all smoked cannabis and , sorry i cant remember wich at the moment , but either george washington or abe lincoln actualy grew it and praised it . The british police even found cannabis in the queens grenhouse and it was said at the time that it was charles that planted it .

Then take a look at the indian religeons that are all based on a drug called soma . Then very many of the natives of south america , middle america and the south of the united states whos religeons are based on peyote , ayahuasca and san pedro........... The name san pedro comes from saint peter . The name marihuana comes from mary jesus mother both were given their names by catholics . Many other peoples in south america worship pachamama and their most holy sacrament is coca leaves . The worlds first herbal medicine book from china mentions as the first medicine cannabis and one of germanys first herbal medicine books by hildegard bingen aka Saint Hildegard ...... another catholic saint....praises cannabis .Even the mormons have their mormon tea = ephedra a strong drug . In history the only peoples that never used any drugs were the eskimos and that only because non grow where they live . China and several countrys in south america are trying to get coca legalised . Then the sign that one sees at doctors and at chemists = a snake wraped around a cannabis branch . Were and are all those people and peoples wrong and you right ?

As for our web site we want personal freedom , that people are taught to think for themselves and that laws are based on scientificaly proven facts and the drug laws of the world are not . If you can understand german or french you could watch the film thats mentioned there about cannabis . It has the real scientific facts from scientists who actualy do research and not the government "facts" wich only protect the governments monopoly on cigaretts and alcohol the two hardest , most adictive , most damageing to a persons health drugs that are out there .

If you had read the bible it says that moses did an aprentisship with a shaman and maried his daughter ,. It clearly describes many drug experiences...... that is clearly when one is open and honest enough to think about what it says and what it means . The catholic bible was translated from greek , aramaish and latin texts by the catholic church and a lot of the translations are not acepted by most of the worlds best bible scholars . The word witch for instance was translated wrongly and the real translation means a sort of herb doctor . In the old testament they talk about kannabosm = cannabis . What do you think holy smoke is ? What do you think the burning bush was ? Acacia wich contains DMT . The most holy wood in the bible . The wood that the ark of the covenant was made of . Strangely enough the same tree that was made into jesus crown of thorns . Acacia wich is also known over much of africa as the tree of life .

Back to the ground . You obviously felt threatened by what i said and our site . It didnt fit with what you had thought and the things that you have obviously blindly acepted that you believe are facts . Why not try to look at things neutraly are you frightened to question yourself and your motives ? Arent you willing to acept that many things that have been taught to you were political "facts" and not real ones ? Please come to our site and talk , debate what we are both saying...... or are you frightened that you might have to change your opinions .

I`m not trying to get at you and i can understand how and why you reacted like you did . Its a normal reaction when someone is confronted with things that don fit with the world view they have . Rememebr the story about the emperor wears no clothes........ and the film idiocracy ?

That was the tip of the ice berg and if we as a race want to survive and not kill this planet we are going to have to be more honest , more open and base our decisions on facts or we will die and or kill it = admit that the rest of the ice berg is there and look at it .

Amen.........LOL .
Last edited by Popp Singh on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Posts: 6048
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Name: David Lewis
Contact:

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by Highway of Life » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Nice attempts at insults, but you have failed.

As for who died in the Holocaust, it’s fairly obvious you do not know. I was giving the following facts: 3 Million Catholics died, and 6 Million Jews died. So that blows holes in your theory about a Church coverup, I needn’t say more.

I’m not going to join a site that endorses and encourages illegal activity. I am also not going to debate this issue with you. Hard drugs have been proven to dramatically adjust the way people think, so it’s pointless for me to carry on a debate with depraved minds. Why debate crimes with criminals.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

Popp Singh
Registered User
Posts: 317
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by Popp Singh » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:32 am

I didnt insult you or try to . Breath in , breath out and r-e-l-a-x .

You called me a lier , depraved and a criminal . I am non of those things . Those acusations are slander and illegal and you talk about laws and criminals . Isnt that just a tad hipocritical ?

I`m willing to talk to you and debate with you but you arent willing to do it with me . That sounds to me like your not sure of yourself and afraid to loose a fair debate and because of that have to change your personal private opinions .

"There is no one so blind as someone who wont see" .

Maybe if you had been sexualy assulted like i and my daughter have been or brutaly beaten through your childhood by fanatics like i was you would have a more open mind and be prepaired to look at things in a neutral , fair and positively critical way and not just anounce yourself to be right and science and history to be wrong .

As far as i`m concerned we can leave things as they are now and get back to the subject of the first post . Youve written what youve written and i`ve written what i`ve written and all the people who have read it can make their own minds up and i`m satisfyed with that . LOL .

Namaste .

But anyway back to the subject . 25 % of catholics in germany are , acording to the state TV chanel , considering leaveing the catholic church because of this scandal and how the german catholic pope is ( not ) dealing with it . If there werre fair open public investigations and trials many catholic priests would land in prison wich would make even more people consider leaveing that church . I want to see investigations and trials even if it finishes the catholic church .

User avatar
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Posts: 6048
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Name: David Lewis
Contact:

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by Highway of Life » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:09 pm

I am never afraid of a debate, but I have no interest in debatting with self-proclaimed druggies. There is nothing to be gained by such debates.

Also, you’re the one claiming history to be wrong. I just corrected you on the facts.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

User avatar
Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Posts: 29253
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: New York City
Name: Yuriy Rusko
Contact:

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by Marshalrusty » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:14 am

A great deal of evidence seems to show that this man assisted in covering up the systematic abuse of children across vast areas. If that doesn't fall under your definition of "wrong", then your definition of "wrong" could use some work.
nuckfan15 wrote:You need to read the entire bible, and understand the context of what is happening there. Your basing your opinion on that one verse with absolutely no understanding the the context.
That's the problem, isn't it? You read it and see one thing. David reads it and sees something slightly different. I read it and see things that I clearly disagree with on a moral basis.

If you and David sat down in separate rooms and were asked what the bible said about specific moral scenarios, you would give different results. Thus, if we assume that you are both familiar with the text, it can be reasonably concluded that you are injecting individual biases into the hypothetical interpretations. Where could those be coming from if the only source for morality is the bible?

Fact is, the bible is written using words. Words are open to interpretation. If you're reading it in English, then you've already allowed someone to interpret the words for you at least once (and that's just since the words were recorded on the paper used to translate it). If someone replaced the word "big" with "huge" in a passage, would you notice? But isn't "huge" larger than "big"? Or is it the other way around? I wonder what it was in Hebrew.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

User avatar
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Posts: 6048
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Name: David Lewis
Contact:

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by Highway of Life » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:35 am

Marshalrusty wrote:A great deal of evidence seems to show that this man assisted in covering up the systematic abuse of children across vast areas. If that doesn't fall under your definition of "wrong", then your definition of "wrong" could use some work.
Indeed. I would hope everybody here can clearly see that both the crimes committed by these gay pedophile priests and the clergy that covered them up (and it appears the coverup may go as high as the pope) are all wrong. The Catholic Church let these creeps into the seminaries and It’s all coming back to bite them now.
nuckfan15 wrote:That's the problem, isn't it? You read it and see one thing. David reads it and sees something slightly different. I read it and see things that I clearly disagree with on a moral basis.
I agree with pretty much everything you said, Yuriy. Even though you and I do not agree on much theologically, what you said is correct. It is indeed up to interpretation. That is why we’ve had theologians for eons to interpret and understand the scripture. The points that any other devout Christian and I would disagree on are minor points. However, I’m not aware of anything nuckfan said in this topic that I am in disagreement with... :?
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”