Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by Highway of Life » Sun May 09, 2010 8:43 am

I agree with you 100% - And the reason I think the Catholic Church has gotten away with covering these crimes up is the same as those involved in ClimateGate, ACORN, etc. have gotten away with their own coverups. Politics, money, amnesty and power.
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong » Sun May 09, 2010 1:17 pm

Highway of Life wrote:I agree with you 100% - And the reason I think the Catholic Church has gotten away with covering these crimes up is the same as those involved in ClimateGate, ACORN, etc. have gotten away with their own coverups. Politics, money, amnesty and power.
You do realize that the ClimateGate people were actually cleared by an inquiry, and that the ACORN scandal video was doctored, right?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 04001.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... ostit.html

You must get your news from FOXNews. Why would you even think of trying to compare those manufactured pseudo-scandals to the monstrous behaviour of the Catholic Church with regard to shielding child molesters? How can you even compare them remotely?

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager
Name: Yuriy Rusko

Post by Marshalrusty » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:04 pm

jaz01 wrote:Should the boy scouts be closed?
I suppose that depends on whether it's an organization-wide phenomenon.

So far, I think most of the outrage has been about the occurrence itself and the cover up. The Catholic Church cannot be "closed" because they are a self-sufficient organization and don't answer to a government or anyone at all. Special rules apply to them because of the vast number of followers. What reasonable people are suggesting is that the same laws should apply to them as do to everyone else. The pope may be safe in the Vatican, but if he chooses to travel, then he needs to respect the laws of the places he visits. If it was anyone else, there would have been legal inquiries already.

Of course, as you say, i strongly doubt that anything will come of this. That is kind of a sad point, actually.
Have comments/praise/complaints/suggestions? Please feel free to PM me.

Need private help? Hire me for all your phpBB and web development needs

RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:32 pm

The pope may be safe in the Vatican, but if he chooses to travel, then he needs to respect the laws of the places he visits. If it was anyone else, there would have been legal inquiries already.
Not if they had "Diplomatic Immunity".

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:15 pm

The whole problem can be put down to ------them and us = justice or just-us ( or just-U.S. as in bohpal / BP ) . No one no where should have any kind of imunity from the law .

The whole thing proves that we dont live in democracy . The pregnant questions are in what system do we live , what are our dutys and what are our rights ? We live in a sort of financial apartheid where the rich can do what they want and get away with it . We do the work , we take the blame , we pay , we have no rights . They are on unearned permanent luxury holiday . Give rich people a shovel and see how long it takes them to get rich .

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by Marshalrusty » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:30 am

I have split off the government-related posts and created a new topic for them.

Here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=2096993

jkelly103144

Post by jkelly103144 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:52 am

GanjaGarden wrote:Who here think that he should be jailed for his crimes, and who thinks that he should be immune to punishment ... what with him being a direct line to god and whatnot.
What crimes? He has not been pope long enough to have committed 'crimes', unless he personally committed them as a priest,..............I think.

Marshalrusty
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by Marshalrusty » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:47 am

jkelly103144 wrote:What crimes? He has not been pope long enough to have committed 'crimes', unless he personally committed them as a priest,..............I think.
What?

wadie
Name: Wadie

Post by wadie » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:28 pm

jkelly103144 wrote:
GanjaGarden wrote:Who here think that he should be jailed for his crimes, and who thinks that he should be immune to punishment ... what with him being a direct line to god and whatnot.
What crimes? He has not been pope long enough to have committed 'crimes', unless he personally committed them as a priest,..............I think.
OK,that post was kinda weird.. :roll:

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:36 pm

wadie wrote:
jkelly103144 wrote:
OK,that post was kinda weird.. :roll:
So was the opening post IMO.

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:44 pm

It would be nice if people bothered reading the thread before commenting. Nobody is saying that he molested children himself, but he was complicit in the subsequent cover-ups.

Aiding and abetting child molesters is no small accusation.

Mateya

Post by Mateya » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:46 am

Darth Wong wrote:Aiding and abetting child molesters is no small accusation.
Agree!

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:34 pm

And now the feces hits the fan in Belgium . Decades of abuse in every parish and at least 13 dead......... and still nothing happens . And still the ex-hitler youth guy does NOTHING to clear it up .

We are witnesses . We are responsible . We are doing next to nothing to clear it up . If the only thing i can do is to stand up and say my piece and demand justice here and on other forums i will do it and i will not stop . I will not let this thread die . Please look into your consciences and do the same . This problem is just an indication of how much injustice , sickness and evil is going on and being allowed to go on . Its the same reason and cause that is killing the planet . = political perversion , greed and coruption . = the only problem this planet has = ALL POLITICIANS ARE PROFESSIONAL CRIMINALS .Stand up and do what you can , take back the streets and save the planet . Dont give up . We can win .

Maybe some people think that they have no responsibility and can do nothing but we can lie to ourselves , make excuses and run away and hide but we cant hide from our own consciences . We ALL have to face that when we die and there is no escape .

Yes i remember that this thread was split because it started getting political but in the end things keep bringing us back to the same point , the same stumbling block/s = you can fool some of the people all of the time , all of the people some of the time but you cant fool all of the people all of the time ..... and ......... those that dont learn the lessons of history are destined to relive them untill they do .

noth

Post by noth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:23 pm

when the Pope lands on UK soil next week there should be a POLICE VAN and 4 burly police officers waiting for him

HE SHOULD BE ARRESTED for his part in hiding and protecting priests accused of molesting children

holding these children on oath that they would not speak to any other person e.g. the POLICE about their molestation is despicable and yet here he is being welcomed to the UK like royalty

truly appalling

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2 ... z0zEcBejn9

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Good link and i hope dawkins gets his way ......... BUT ....... "the" pope is a head of state and has diplomatic imunity .

There was a case in the british press recently where the british government and the catholic church covered up the fact that a catholic priest in northern ireland was a feedom fighter and was involved in bomb laying and at least several deaths . Some of those deaths being children . That seems to me to show that the chances of him being arrested are not big .

BBC world showed a program today called news night in wich there was a report by Peter Marshal where it was proven that the pope was in charge of clearing up the cases of child sex and that he knew much more than he admited and did nothing . There are indications that he was takeing orders from higher in the catholic church heirarchy . He is still doing nothing to clear the scandals up .

Return to “General Discussion”