Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Rhet-or-Ric

Re: Who thinks the Pope should be Jailed?

Post by Rhet-or-Ric » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Excuse me, noth, on what do you base your accusations?

There are some who feel that accusing people of being criminals without evidence is itself an evil thing to do.

You do not want to be accused of being evil, right noth, so where is your evidence? Please show us that you are not just another of those that allows hearsay to influence your judgement.

Thank you.

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:04 pm

Rhet-or-Ric, are you saying that they need to have proof of guilt before they even start investigating this in a criminal fashion? You seem to be taking the criteria for convicting someone in court, and applying them to the question of whether the subject should even be charged or investigated at all.

Yes, it's true that we don't necessarily have a "smoking gun" yet. It's also true that nobody's been subpoenaed, no one's been forced to open up their records, no one's been made to testify, etc.

Rhet-or-Ric

Post by Rhet-or-Ric » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:13 pm

No, Darth Wong, I don't think that could be read into any of my posts thus far in this thread.

All I've been asking for is some sort of evidence that criminal charges might be justified.

I think that is what happens when law enforcement folks go before a judge and ask for a search warrant. They have to show the judge why they want the warrant.

Or something called probable cause, if they search your car, or your pockets -- unless you want to get on an airplane at a civilian airfield. Well, that searching is happening in buildings too, isn't it?

Anyway, back to the topic, it seems to me that if someone is stating this-or-that individual should face criminal charges for anything, not just this case, then I think it's fair for someone to ask on what basis you are asking for those criminal charges to be processed.

So far I haven't seen any kind of solid evidence that the Pope did anything of a criminal nature, but if anyone can offer such evidence, I'd be happy to see that evidence, or link, posted here.

That's fair, isn't it?

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Are you seriously denying that there's probable cause here for further investigation? Are you kidding?

You know what probable cause is, right? It's a reason to go looking for your "smoking gun". You can't say that there's no smoking gun yet, therefore no probable cause.

noth

Post by noth » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:48 pm

the paedophile protector has not said sorry for his part in covering up the thousands of rapes that his priests committed

he has not taken responsibility for his cover ups or his priests vile acts

all the people who have bowed and scraped to this evil creature are a disgrace

nothing less

wadie
Name: Wadie

Post by wadie » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:39 pm

noth wrote:the paedophile protector has not said sorry for his part in covering up the thousands of rapes that his priests committed

all the people who have bowed and scraped to this evil creature are a disgrace

nothing less
You talk too much,and don't make any sense.

I guess your hatred to the Pope,isn't because of him being a pedophile. maybe because of your religious views ?
Last edited by wadie on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhet-or-Ric

Post by Rhet-or-Ric » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:51 pm

Darth Wong wrote: Are you seriously denying that there's probable cause here for further investigation? Are you kidding?

You know what probable cause is, right? It's a reason to go looking for your "smoking gun". You can't say that there's no smoking gun yet, therefore no probable cause.
I do not believe I wrote anything about "denying" anything, did I?

All I have seen posted so far that comes close to results of investigation is the Panorama article and I don't see a "smoking gun" there. I probably missed something posted elsewhere in this thread, true.

I'd be happy to read anything you have that sheds more light on this matter. What have you got? What are you basing your views on? Please, help me better understand what's going on.

Thank you.

Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Post by Phil » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:56 am

noth wrote:the paedophile protector has not said sorry for his part in covering up the thousands of rapes that his priests committed

It looks as if that is no longer true.

Edit: A bit of further research indicates that your statement was not true prior to today either. While I agree that the failure to make a meaningful response to the situation by the Vatican thus far is reprehensible, perhaps one should not be so swift with their condemnations ;)
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:36 pm

What do you all think about this ---->
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europ ... index.html

AND ....... there was a case against a priest a few weeks ago here and he was found guilty and punished . The judge said after reading the verdict that it was obvious that there had been a cover up attempt from his superiors and that the state prosecuter should investigate it . It didnt get investigated .

EDIT - There was also something in the cablegate(?) affair wich could put a bit of light on why some governments are holding back on clearing this up . I read that the catholic church has a sort of intelligence / information gathering system that was also provideing the US intelligence agency comunity with intelligence about countrys like china . Priests as spys .

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:02 pm

It's consistent with the overall pattern. The Pope has met with victims and said nice things to them; that is a far cry from admission of wrongdoing. He still refuses to admit he did anything wrong even though this latest letter is thoroughly indicative of a cover-up culture from the Vatican on down, and quite frankly, a society which is thoroughly dominated by Christian dominionists will never hold the church's feet to the fire over it.

Return to “General Discussion”