iPhone 4

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
User avatar
callumacrae
Former Team Member
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: London, UK
Name: Callum Macrae
Contact:

iPhone 4

Post by callumacrae » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:34 pm

Soo, what are the thoughts?

It looks better than what Gizmodo leaked :)

~Callum

User avatar
Double_J
Former Team Member
Posts: 1243
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:07 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: iPhone 4

Post by Double_J » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:51 pm

It is the same device as Gizmodo leaked, or at least that was a prototype or earlier version.

I must say that I really like the new design of the phone, i'd prefer it over the old iPhone 3G(S). As for me, I think this will be my first go at a smartphone.

User avatar
callumacrae
Former Team Member
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: London, UK
Name: Callum Macrae
Contact:

Re: iPhone 4

Post by callumacrae » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:20 pm


melicaster
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: iPhone 4

Post by melicaster » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:50 pm

This model going to be more slimmer?

User avatar
Phil
Former Team Member
Posts: 10403
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:11 am
Name: Phil Crumm
Contact:

Re: iPhone 4

Post by Phil » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:50 am

By about a sixteenth of an inch.
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web

wadie
Registered User
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 5:05 am
Location: Your ACP
Name: Wadie

Re: iPhone 4

Post by wadie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:04 am

I wonder how slim can the world be :roll:

The design is awesome,I hope the device it self is good as well..

For me I don't think I'm gonna buy it,since I don't have enough monety. :? Maybe someone will buy it for
me ? :mrgreen:

User avatar
Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Posts: 9899
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:09 am
Location: The Netherlands, 3.0.x Support Forum
Name: Erik Frèrejean
Contact:

Re: iPhone 4

Post by Erik Frèrejean » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:31 am

I really like the design of this thing.
Double_J wrote:As for me, I think this will be my first go at a smartphone.
Ditto, as soon I can (pre-)order one I'll be doing so :)
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

User avatar
Double_J
Former Team Member
Posts: 1243
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:07 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: iPhone 4

Post by Double_J » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Erik Frèrejean wrote:I really like the design of this thing.
Double_J wrote:As for me, I think this will be my first go at a smartphone.
Ditto, as soon I can (pre-)order one I'll be doing so :)
Now we only need to wait until July :-(

wadie
Registered User
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 5:05 am
Location: Your ACP
Name: Wadie

Re: iPhone 4

Post by wadie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Double_J wrote:
Erik Frèrejean wrote:I really like the design of this thing.
Double_J wrote:As for me, I think this will be my first go at a smartphone.
Ditto, as soon I can (pre-)order one I'll be doing so :)
Now we only need to wait until July :-(
They are already selling it in the US.

User avatar
Double_J
Former Team Member
Posts: 1243
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:07 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: iPhone 4

Post by Double_J » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:53 pm

wadie wrote:
Double_J wrote:
Erik Frèrejean wrote:I really like the design of this thing.
Double_J wrote:As for me, I think this will be my first go at a smartphone.
Ditto, as soon I can (pre-)order one I'll be doing so :)
Now we only need to wait until July :-(
They are already selling it in the US.
No.
Pre-ordering starts at June 15th and they go for sale on the 24th of June. Which is still a month ahead of us.

User avatar
callumacrae
Former Team Member
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: London, UK
Name: Callum Macrae
Contact:

Re: iPhone 4

Post by callumacrae » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Double_J wrote:
wadie wrote:
Double_J wrote:
Erik Frèrejean wrote:I really like the design of this thing.
Double_J wrote:As for me, I think this will be my first go at a smartphone.
Ditto, as soon I can (pre-)order one I'll be doing so :)
Now we only need to wait until July :-(
They are already selling it in the US.
No.
Pre-ordering starts at June 15th and they go for sale on the 24th of June. Which is still a month ahead of us.
It's coming out on the 24th here in the UK, they have yet to give us prices :(

~Callum

User avatar
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Posts: 6048
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Spokane, WA
Name: David Lewis
Contact:

Re: iPhone 4

Post by Highway of Life » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:23 pm

The iPhone 4 looks amazing and incredible, but because it’s exclusive to AT&T, there is no way I’d get one, no matter how awesome it is. It’d get the HTC Droid Incredible. Not quite as awesome as the iPhone 4, but the network makes all the difference in my opinion. :)
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

User avatar
callumacrae
Former Team Member
Posts: 2662
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: London, UK
Name: Callum Macrae
Contact:

Re: iPhone 4

Post by callumacrae » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Highway of Life wrote:The iPhone 4 looks amazing and incredible, but because it’s exclusive to AT&T, there is no way I’d get one, no matter how awesome it is. It’d get the HTC Droid Incredible. Not quite as awesome as the iPhone 4, but the network makes all the difference in my opinion. :)
If you buy one from the UK you only have to pay £15 ($20) to get it unlocked, and then you can ship it back.

Too much effort? Thought so XD

~Callum

User avatar
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Posts: 6048
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:41 pm
Location: Spokane, WA
Name: David Lewis
Contact:

Re: iPhone 4

Post by Highway of Life » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Oh my... that just might be worth it! I had no idea you could unlock it in the UK.
Now just one more question to ponder. Apple’s closed app store, or the Android market. :?

EDIT: Found this interesting...
Image
The phpBB Weekly Podcast - Discussing the developments of phpBB4 and beyond.

New to phpBB3? Want to learn about programing?
Visit phpBB Academy at StarTrekGuide to learn how.

User avatar
god0fgod
Registered User
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: iPhone 4

Post by god0fgod » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:05 pm

The new iphone has 1.6 times the number of pixels than the other phones there.

Apple are implying the new iphone is quite tough. I'm interested to know exactly how tough it really is.

It looks fatter for some reason. Must be the noticeable sides. I'd have to look at one for real to see it is slimmer I suppose. Is it slimmer at the fattest point or is it slimmer on average?

The camera was terrible in the older iphones. It will be interesting to see some reviews on the HD camera that looks good on paper.

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”