pseudonyms or real names for a corporate intranet forum

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
ezeilo

pseudonyms or real names for a corporate intranet forum

Post by ezeilo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:00 pm

hi all,
i just set up the forum on my corporate intranet website but the staff are not happy that their login is tied to the active directory which will show their real names. they complain that they are not encouraged to speak their mind with their real names. fake names will allow them say it as it is without any inhibition.

but i sense that it is possible that their fists are already curled with flames ready to be thrown - at each other and especially at the decision makers - under pseudonyms and i neither want to take the responsibility of that or the added work of moderating rants and raves that are unacceptable to management.

if i enable free usernames, i am sure there will be increased traffic. but i do not know how most corporate organizations manage forum usernames on their intranet forums.

please what is your advice.

Desdenova

Re: pseudonyms or real names for a corporate intranet forum

Post by Desdenova » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Well, regardless of what you choose, do note that any logging on your server (and in phpBB) will allow anyone with the data to backtrack who said what anyways. ;)

MasterZ

Re: pseudonyms or real names for a corporate intranet forum

Post by MasterZ » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:24 am

That seems to be a very unprofessional place...

Anyway, there is one MOD that might help you out if that is what you are looking for. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1768595

Return to “General Discussion”