Firefox 4.0 Beta 1

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Highway of Life
Former Team Member
Name: David Lewis

Re: Firefox 4.0 Beta 1

Post by Highway of Life »

I like the IE dev tools, it makes development of CSS / JS possible on IE, which is nice. But it does not come anywhere close to being half as good as Firebug for Firefox. Chrome’s developer tools are not bad either, but still doesn’t match Firebug.
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

Its now been released as a release .
onehundredandtwo

Post by onehundredandtwo »

I only just installed it this morning, and I love it! :D
I especially love the fact that it is so minimal compared to 3.6, which means more browsing space.

Now I just have to wait for my add-ons to be compatible...
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

"Now I just have to wait for my add-ons to be compatible"

They arent realy incompatible they just have the wrong maximum version in them wich can be changed . If you dont know how read my posts in this thread . If its not clear please ask and i will explain .

This vesion of firefox works well and i am sticking with it . I dont think that the final version will be much diferent than this one . Its still not fast enough though and i`m still looking for an extension that makes me a cup of tea and cleans my flat up naked .
onehundredandtwo

Post by onehundredandtwo »

I wasn't sure if Firefox 4.0 had the same compatibility, but it sounds like it does. Thanks for letting me know, I will have to muck around with it a bit more. :)
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

There is a beta 4 nightly available but i would advise not to try it . I installed it on two different systems and afterwards i couldnt reach several sites that i tried and when i tried to get to my emails i got a screen that said that they had been moved and that i should press "here" . = Either the thing should never have got released as the messups it causes are obvious after a few minutes or its malware . I went back to beta 3 and everything works properly .
Brandon05
Name: Brandon Kaylor

Post by Brandon05 »

oleg-karow wrote:There is a beta 4 nightly available but i would advise not to try it . I installed it on two different systems and afterwards i couldnt reach several sites that i tried and when i tried to get to my emails i got a screen that said that they had been moved and that i should press "here" . = Either the thing should never have got released as the messups it causes are obvious after a few minutes or its malware . I went back to beta 3 and everything works properly .
I am having no problems right now with the Beta 4 Nightly-Build. There are a couple issues I ran into. The browser will Not respond when a site asks permission to run Java. And there was also some flash player issues within the browser on certain websites.
123Alex

Post by 123Alex »

i kinda hate betas..i will wait for the stable releases.
jinkal
I've Been Banned!

Post by jinkal »

Ya i have seen that, its really good. the beta software was not that much hit but this version will make well and try install this beta version software in your system. it works really well it is going to replace opera in future.
Brandon05
Name: Brandon Kaylor

Post by Brandon05 »

jinkal wrote:Ya i have seen that, its really good. the beta software was not that much hit but this version will make well and try install this beta version software in your system. it works really well it is going to replace opera in future.
It's a good idea to participate in downloading beta's/Nightly-Builds and help track down bugs and report them. It helps the Firefox Team get the full version of the software out faster and running smooth. I have never had issues with Firefox..on any version. So I am sure v4 will be great.

-Brandon
Kaos3

Post by Kaos3 »

now there is the beta4: wooow xD
Cedwinks

Post by Cedwinks »

I'm waiting the RC version :roll:
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

Fire fox is best.

in fact open source is best Image
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

There is now a 4 beta 5 nightly . It seems to be running OK on my computer but i am a little peeved about what cource mozilla are takeing . The only things i can see that have been changed are irelevant cosmetic changes that just make it more complicated ........but glity glitzy shinny shiny for the morons who want things like that . For me firefox is not going the way i want = more security , faster load times and less memory and CPU usage . I cant acept a browser that sometimes steals 99 % of the CPU power and sometimes takes several seconds to turn itself off when told to do so therby crippleing the whole computer . For me the introduction of the disaster bar was the begining of the end of my faitrh in firefox ........ they seem to me to be loosing contact with the realitys of what users want and be going off in the direction of pet projects of a few developers and "professional" testers thereby loosing contact to their user base . For me a lot of the "improvements" seem to be a sign of their programing impotence .

= stop adding cosmetic and irelevant crud and start to make it safer , faster and have less computer load . I`ve used firefox since i started surfing but its becomeing a pain in the .......... bottom ..... I recently tried chrome and was shocked at how fast it is especialy in comparison to firefox . BUT as i dont like big brother and dont want to use NSA software i wont use it ........thats one of the main reasons besides the idiotic and unexplained size that i wont change to vista 7 either .

Hopefully that was provokative enough to start some interesting debates .
Popp Singh

Post by Popp Singh »

4.0 Beta 10 is out and its ......FAST......woooooosh !!!!!

Return to “General Discussion”