First forum you ever joined:

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: First forum you ever joined:

Post by JimA »

My first board was called AoN, and it was a Dutch board that was really active about the online game Neopets. We were quite a tight community and I used to post like 50 posts a day, that was really great. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Daniel Exe

Post by Daniel Exe »

I had forgotten about neopets. I can't remember how long ago it was when I was on that site (and it's small guild communities) but I can remember it having an influence in me showing an interest in CSS. :lol:
Koymc Dox

Post by Koymc Dox »

http://www.ghostbusters.net It was early 2003

About six months after I joined it switched to PhpBB2.

I tried to get the webmaster to upgrade to PhpBB3 when it went Gold, but he went with VBulletin instead :roll: Most of the other Ghostbusters boards I visit were more sensible, though.
Tah Zonemaster
Name: Robert

Post by Tah Zonemaster »

My first forum was a Dutch forum, named "De Uilenvleugel". Thats Dutch for "The Owlery". It was a Harry Potter site, but it closed two years ago. :(
noth

Post by noth »

why? :o
Ishimaru Chiaki
Name: Caroline

Post by Ishimaru Chiaki »

The first forum I ever joined was an Ikonboard forum that I joined in June 2003 and that migrated to phpBB2 later, and now it doesn't exist anymore for several years already. Then the second forum was a phpBB2 and then, when I wanted to create my own board on September 2004 for a first project, I asked the admin and he told me about Forumotion (it was available only in French at that time) as he stated that I should begin with a free forum hosting since I had no HTML/CSS/PHP/website management knowledge at that time. I stayed on Forumotion for three years (and I was even moderator on the English board for two years) and meanwhile, I closed down my first board (loss of motivation) at January 2006 and opened my GFX board at the end of 2006. Then, when a major internal crisis occurred on the French side, I decided to move my GFX board outside forumotion (I had no choice to sacrifice my database) and so, I downloaded and tested phpBB2, then installed it on an independant free host where I'm still hosted today, and the forum later migrated to an open source Belgian forum script for which I contribute.
IKFT

Post by IKFT »

A p Vbulletin forum, Pigeon talk.
samengland
Name: Sam England

Post by samengland »

Probably MultiPlay UK forums, or Spymac.
jbaertsch

Post by jbaertsch »

Probably the PS2 forums with Sony USA back in the early 2000's. I was a young tike then, ha.
jsebean
Name: Jonah

Post by jsebean »

probably geek.com looking for help on a windows me computer :P ... that was before i really got into websites and computers in general. then i wanted to start my own board, which i used phpBB2. I made a number of them on free hosts that all failed :P, then i tried phpBB3 and personally I hated it because i didn't like the ACP :P ... after i got use to it, it is better :D
TheIlluminative
Former Team Member
Name: Mahmoud

Post by TheIlluminative »

Actually I was about 12 when I learnt about web designing and so, but I had no clue about forums, never participated into one, until a year after that, when I was 13, I was reading a local tech magazine, and there was a thread about forums, what are they, and how to create them, and they were providing a copy of a forum software in a CD with the magazine, and that software was phpBB 2.0.1 :D
I installed it on a free hosting, then I was looking to learn more about it, that's when I found phpbbarabia.com, and that was my first forum to join (if my own first one doesn't count).
McStormify

Post by McStormify »

Probably netbuilders.org - I'm a global moderator there now.
TimApNy

Post by TimApNy »

The Brew Board... All about brewing home brewed beer. After that was the Warbird Information Exchange. I'm afraid to say there has been several others after that, until I started my own with a friend for artists.

Tim
cSkins

Post by cSkins »

http://smashboards.com

Back when Smash 64 was the only Smash game out.
Magic Hands

Post by Magic Hands »

First one ever... Hmm... I think mine was the first War Rock forums up by K2 Network (now GamersFirst).
http://web.archive.org/web/200607050850 ... rrock.net/

Return to “General Discussion”