9th California infant death from whooping cough

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Darth Wong

9th California infant death from whooping cough

Post by Darth Wong »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/09/17/ca ... l?hpt=Sbin

Frankly, I'm starting to feel like all of those anti-vaccination people should be lined up against a wall and shot. They run around promoting an ideology based on half-baked Internet research and haven't done anywhere NEAR enough work to justify taking such a big risk with public health, and millions buy into it because it gets traction on TV shows like Oprah. So people start refusing the whooping cough vaccine and ... guess what: children start dying from it again.

ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Re: 9th California infant death from whooping cough

Post by ToonArmy »

The one vaccine I never had (for reasons I won't go into) was whooping cough, you'll never guess what infection I caught at 4 years old. There is a reason these vaccines are recommended, yet parents still turn them down even when they are free over here. I remember being ill for a number of weeks and having painful uncontrollable bouts of coughing, it's really not nice.
Chris SmithGitHub

KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Re: 9th California infant death from whooping cough

Post by KeithR »

I can still remember the 'whooping' sounds my younger brother made after catching this. It was not that my parents had decided against vaccination, but rather he fell short of the catchment age. Fortunately he came through. I would without doubt have a child of mine vaccinated against this.

Return to “General Discussion”