online video ecards

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
durangod
Name: Dave

online video ecards

Post by durangod »

im looking to purchase or find free video ecards that i can use on my site, i want to own them outright or at least use them on the site with the proper credit going to the creator, but i need some video ecards for different topics, holidays, funny, love and dating, and general...

i have found many sites that either offer the software (which i dont need i have it) or offer to let you send the card (which i dont need because i have an integrated system) i need to files themselves but cannot find a site or an artist online that is avaliable to do so...

i have searched google for two days now and lots of stuff out there but nothing for sale and nothing i can download and use on my site... maybe i will just have to make my own... not sure... any ideas folks... ??

edit: just to be clear i dont need gifs there are tons of free gifs online, i want video ecards.. thanks all..
Daniel Exe

Re: online video ecards

Post by Daniel Exe »

Most video ecards are tailored in someway to the site, so you'll probably have to make your own or purchase them. I just don't think it's very likely that you find a site that offers these ecard flash animations, considering they'd have to be modified in a way to accept input from a variety of software. How each ecard software handles and processes input is different, so the it's just too custom of a concept to provide a general template. The only way I could think of a site being succesful in doing this is if they published the source flash files to be modified and exported at a later time by users.
durangod
Name: Dave

Post by durangod »

thanks for the reply daniel... im using them as a feature benefit for my site members not to really resell so its not for profit in that way..

i understand what your saying that they are each customized, thats too bad... i was really hoping to purchase min of 10 video ecard files for my site just so the members would have something other than gifs to send...

I have looked all over for either an artist or a site where i can purchase them and have found zip, zippo, zilche, nothing lol , hard to believe that noone makes them freelance..

Im not trying to compete with the ecard sites im just trying to give my members a few choices in my own deal to choose from other than gifs or normal images.

thanks for the reply really appreciate your time... i have photoshop cs3 i guess ill have to learn how to do it one day...
Truemedia

Post by Truemedia »

This probably isnt the best thing to consider, but you dont need flash to do those. You can use a combination of html5 tags for displaying audio and video, and javascript and php to deal with the information.

Either way if you want to do something like this check a lot of flash tutorials, if you can learn how to mix video and data your half way there.

Return to “General Discussion”