Web designers

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
JLA
Name: JLA FORUMS

Re: Web designers

Post by JLA » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:53 am

Calman wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:39 pm
JLA wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:40 am
Odesk is a great source. I think they changed their name to something else - but look for developers in India. They give the most bang for the buck.
I would STRONGLY advice against taking this route. There are many pitfalls which I know from my web development circles, so please find a reputable service closer to home, wherever that may be! (unless you are in India :lol: ).

All the best,
Cal :)
We have had nothing but great experiences with the development teams in India going back to 2004. As with anywhere and anyone - you'll have bad apples be it in India, Ukraine or downtown Manhattan.

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:28 pm

Calman wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:39 pm
JLA wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:40 am
Odesk is a great source. I think they changed their name to something else - but look for developers in India. They give the most bang for the buck.
I would STRONGLY advice against taking this route. There are many pitfalls which I know from my web development circles, so please find a reputable service closer to home, wherever that may be! (unless you are in India :lol: ).

All the best,
Cal :)
I work on odesk (called upwork now), everything has been fine for me so far. I've hired people for some things too. You just have to know how to weed out the bad people... Inevitably some of those still come through but that happens in the real world too.

Kuznec

Post by Kuznec » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:20 pm

Upwork is now the most normal site, it has no competitors, except that a five-wire fiverr for cheap work.

Return to “General Discussion”