Bin Laden dead...now what?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Rhet-or-Ric

Re: Bin Laden dead...now what?

Post by Rhet-or-Ric »

That is a very good point you bring up, Darth Wong, about the incident/accident related to the botched rescue of Linda Norgrove and for those that may not be familiar with the case I'll post the BBC article about the Wiltshire coroner David Ridley's "narrative verdict".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-h ... s-12463588

The circumstances of that action, though, seem to indicate a much more serious firefight than that which occurred in the OBL killing and I have very serious reservations about any "heroic" label being placed upon the OBL killing.

Don't get me wrong, I can't say as I have any negative feelings about that OBL fella getting his butt wasted, but I do take great exception to that mission being called a great mission, let alone labelling it as one of the greatest in United States military history, or whatever that nonsense was -- which I'd rather not have to go back and read the exact phrasing of.

Nope, that kind of rhetoric is from somebody with a "trigger happy" mouth. And it's not the first time.

Cin Ruhi

Post by Cin Ruhi »

Terrorism is a global problem. Nations should unite to find solutions not individual acts..

DoYouSpeakWak

Post by DoYouSpeakWak »

Cin Ruhi wrote:Terrorism is a global problem. Nations should unite to find solutions not individual acts..
Terrorism/Fight for what you belive have always been here, its nothing new at all. You cant really fight it, only remove the reasons for it to exist.

GiamPy
Name: Giampaolo

Post by GiamPy »

The world will be more safe.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

phpheini wrote:@ DoYouSpeakWak
great comment

..and the reason for terrorism is poverty, look like in africa starving children every day, send them food and no weapons
that is nonsense, poverty is not the reason for terrorism. fanaticism is the reason for terrorism.

not once has terrorism helped bring anyone out of poverty and it never will.

for that matter terrorism has never solved any problem anywhere, ever.

even if you have a legitimate beef, terrorism will never make it better.

it only creates more problems.

robert

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

Terror-bombings are a military tactic. Once thought of as barbaric, they are now considered part of standard military doctrine. World War 2 was characterized by terror-bombings, and ultimately ended by them. Nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a classic example of terror-bombing: the deliberate infliction of mass death upon civilians for the purpose of applying pressure to a government.

You can't declare war on a tactic. It's also silly to pretend that this tactic is the exclusive province of "the other side", as if it's only terrorism when your explosive delivery system is a man instead of an airplane. At the end of the day, the chivalric notion of killing only armed enemy combatants died out with the end of the chivalric age (and let's face it, it wasn't actually adhered to even in the chivalric age; it was more of a lofty ideal which men preached but did not obey).

Elglobo
Former Team Member
Name: Mickaël SALFATI

Post by Elglobo »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:that is nonsense, poverty is not the reason for terrorism. fanaticism is the reason for terrorism.

not once has terrorism helped bring anyone out of poverty and it never will.

for that matter terrorism has never solved any problem anywhere, ever.

even if you have a legitimate beef, terrorism will never make it better.

it only creates more problems.

robert
Completely agree with that point. Terrorism is only a way to spread propaganda and use some simple-minded people to execute terrible/ irreparable actions ...
phpBB-Services.com: L'hébergement et l'assistance de votre forum phpBB en toute tranquillité.

Return to “General Discussion”