phpbb 3.1 release date?

Do not post support requests, bug reports or feature requests. Discuss phpBB here. Non-phpBB related discussion goes in General Discussion!
Scam Warning
Barlos

phpbb 3.1 release date?

Post by Barlos »

To whom it may concern,

Will phpbb 3.1 be release soon?

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Re: phpbb 3.1 release date?

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

Most likely not, but as always the best answer we can give is something along the lines of "it will be released the day after, the day before its released". The devs don't set release dates in stone, but rather make sure everything is finished as its supposed to do.
Looking at the fact there isn't even an first alpha release available I personally don't expect to see 3.1.x before the end of the year, but thats just my personal guess. You can follow the progress before 3.1.0-A1 here.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

Lelantos

Post by Lelantos »

I had been wondering about this myself. Updates seemed to be rolling out every couple of months and then all of a sudden stopped with the release of 3.0.8.

Is there some reason why official development/updates have tapered off?

Erik Frèrejean
Former Team Member
Name: Erik Frèrejean

Post by Erik Frèrejean »

phpBB 3.0.9 is currently in the Release Candidate phase (RC2 at the moment), so that should be released within the next couple of weeks]. That the minor releases slow down simply mean that the code base is getting more and more stable, you don't have to push a minor release every "x" months just to make a release every "x" months. A release need to make sense, and obviously the devs feel that the current development state of the 3.0.x branch is enough to release 3.0.9.
Having less 3.0.x releases is good for the community as it saves them updating every "x" time and allows the developers to focus on feature releases (like 3.1.x) rather than bugfix releases.

I wouldn't be surprised (and actually hope so) that the update rate for the 3.0.x lines even slows down further, so that the devs can focus their attention on the next major versions and we hopefully see 3.1.0 come sooner than later.
Support Toolkit | Support Request Template | Knowledge Base | phpBB 3.0.x documentation
I don't give support via PM or IM! (all unsolicited pms will be trashed!)

bantu
3.0 Release Manager
3.0 Release Manager
Name: Andreas Fischer

Post by bantu »

Lelantos wrote:I had been wondering about this myself. Updates seemed to be rolling out every couple of months and then all of a sudden stopped with the release of 3.0.8.

Is there some reason why official development/updates have tapered off?
3.0.9 is on its way. See http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=3 and especially http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40122