Holocaust Remember Day for the 6 milion murderd jewish

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
uuiiuu

Holocaust Remember Day for the 6 milion murderd jewish

Post by uuiiuu » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Come mourn with the Jewish people
Today is Holocaust Remembrance Day, it was the day the male to 6 million Jews murdered by Hitler and his Nazi army, is also the day remember the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, in which a number of Jews fled the well-oiled killing machine, and joined the partisans, underground anti - Nazi.
youreInvited to write your mourn, please dont respond comments who are insulting and irrelevant
Thank you

noth

Re: Holocaust Remember Day for the 6 milion murderd jewish

Post by noth » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:20 pm

“The most important thing was the suspension of gratification,” she said. “Those who ate everything they had did not last but those who put a little on the side did better.”

When the Red Army approached Auschwitz in January 1945, Dagan was forced on a death march to Germany, where she worked at two labor camps. Liberation came only in April 1945.

After the war Dagan quickly made aliya thanks to her husband, a British army soldier she met in Brussels. She was one of the first survivors of the Holocaust to arrive in Palestine, where she caught word of the trial of Grese, her former captor at Auschwitz.

“I wanted to travel to Germany to testify but the British, who ruled at the time, would not give me a travel certificate,” she said. “So The Palestine Post’s editor found me and asked me to write for them. It was a fire and brimstone piece. I could not write [something like that] today.

“Back then the urge for vengeance sought some release... nowadays I look for the human connection and I do not blame the younger generation for the s
http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/Jewish ... ?id=266571

could it happen again? that is the question

CaNNon_

Re: Holocaust Remember Day for the 6 milion murderd jewish

Post by CaNNon_ » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:02 am

could it happen again? that is the question
Only if people forget, interesting table on the wiki kind of gives you a total of the cost to humanity.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II_casualties

Return to “General Discussion”