MyBB.com Was hacked!

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Post Reply
User avatar
Kooldude
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 5:08 pm

MyBB.com Was hacked!

Post by Kooldude »

Guys! MyBB has been hacked.
http://www.mybb.com/

What do you guys think about it?

Edit: Mybb.com is back-up and is under maintenance
Last edited by Kooldude on Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
monacelli
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:51 am
Location: Jericho, KS
Contact:

Re: MyBB has been hacked!

Post by monacelli »

It sucks. The only reason they were targeted was a popular hacking forum runs mybb.
User avatar
nuckfan15
Registered User
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:46 am
Location: Vancouver, BC
Name: Travis

Re: MyBB has been hacked!

Post by nuckfan15 »

It sucks that there site was hacked. But really? You have nothing better to do then make a post about it in GD at phpBB.com?....

You have way too much time on your hands. :lol:
Travis aka Nuckfan15 - No Private Support
Make use of the Support Request Template when seeking support.
User avatar
Kooldude
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: MyBB has been hacked!

Post by Kooldude »

nuckfan15 wrote:It sucks that there site was hacked. But really? You have nothing better to do then make a post about it in GD at phpBB.com?....

You have way too much time on your hands. :lol:
Not to be rude but, Bro, This is a general discussion forum, I'm free to make any topic which is non-phpbb related. Also, I don't have way too much time, I just posted this for your information.

BTW, this site is back-up.
User avatar
noth
Registered User
Posts: 2487
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:10 pm
Location: North Surrey
Contact:

Re: MyBB has been hacked!

Post by noth »

nuckfan15 wrote:It sucks that there site was hacked. But really? You have nothing better to do then make a post about it in GD at phpBB.com?....

You have way too much time on your hands. :lol:
I disagree

it's a valid topic and I for one would be interested to hear more
It sucks. The only reason they were targeted was a popular hacking forum runs mybb
exactly but is there a news article on it? this is of great interest to all members I would have thought
User avatar
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 52127
Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 7:47 pm
Location: {postrow.POSTER_FROM}
Contact:

Re: MyBB has been hacked!

Post by Brf »

noth wrote: exactly but is there a news article on it? this is of great interest to all members I would have thought
There is nothing newsworthy of MyBB getting hacked.
User avatar
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Posts: 2673
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:59 pm
Location: EST
Name: David King

Re: MyBB has been hacked!

Post by imkingdavid »

The topic title is not actually accurate. I clicked in thinking that there was a security vulnerability in the MyBB software, but as they clearly have stated on their site, they do not believe that the hackers entered via a vulnerability in the software itself. Instead, I would recommend the topic title be changed to "MyBB.com has been hacked!"

As for news articles, because the issue is with the MyBB official website and not the software itself, I doubt it would get more than a quick blurb, and probably not until after the issue has been determined and the site has been fully restored (currently there is a maintenance page up). For the most information, I recommend waiting until they have their site back up and running and have posted an explanation announcement.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
User avatar
/a3
Registered User
Posts: 411
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:08 am
Location: /dev/random

Re: MyBB has been hacked!

Post by /a3 »

OMG! phpBB was hacked! Oh, wait, it was only phpBB.com because of phpList... ;)
User avatar
Kooldude
Registered User
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: MyBB.com has been hacked!

Post by Kooldude »

noth wrote:it's a valid topic and I for one would be interested to hear more
Thanks!
imkingdavid wrote:The topic title is not actually accurate. I clicked in thinking that there was a security vulnerability in the MyBB software, but as they clearly have stated on their site, they do not believe that the hackers entered via a vulnerability in the software itself. Instead, I would recommend the topic title be changed to "MyBB.com has been hacked!"
Oops! sorry.. I changed it now. :D
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”