Is phpBB development easy?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
yogita
Name: Yogita Sharma

Post by yogita »

Hello,
I'm a PHP developer and currently doing projects in Wordpress. I've also few clients who are interested in custom forum themes including the mods development. I've already used phpBB, SMF and myBB many times but when it comes to development, which one of them are easy for development. I'm looking for such script which takes less time to learn and whose development is also easy when compared with others.
imkingdavid
Former Team Member
Name: David King

Re: Is phpBB development easy?

Post by imkingdavid »

Any software is going to take getting used to. For me, the phpBB framework is fairly familiar, but only because I've been working with it almost exclusively for a few years (aside from a few other projects). So if I were to answer your questions, I would probably say "Yes, phpBB development is mostly pretty easy." That would be a true statement for me, but it is subjective.

Ultimately, it will come down to whichever framework you end up using; as you work with it you will learn more and more about it and it will come more naturally to you, and at that point you will probably call it "easy".

Your question is asking which of SMF, MyBB, and phpBB is the easiest to develop with, and I'd suggest you take a look at each one to see which looks easiest to you.
Don't forget to smile today. :)
Please do NOT contact for support via PM or email.
wbxpress

Post by wbxpress »

You may try punBB. This is my humble submission. :)
ViolaF

Post by ViolaF »

With enough skills all things are easy :D
crewson548
I've Been Banned!

Post by crewson548 »

Yes it is very easy compare to orher scripting languages... for example to add a user it is easily in 3.0.x you can use the user_add function in includes/functions_user.php
Renji

Post by Renji »

Why not make one new forum software ;) Most of the premium software around are based on phpBB 2....
lord.nitos
Name: Filip Łapiński

Post by lord.nitos »

With appropriate skills all is easy ;)

Return to “General Discussion”