Phpbb Forum for a study Group?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Mr Bunker

Phpbb Forum for a study Group?

Post by Mr Bunker »

Hello my friends.

I have a study group and we need to be constantly in contact.
We need to share study material, photographs, articles... This study group will be private and will take a maximum of 20 people.

Do you think a phpbb forum can give a good answer to our needs in terms of organization, discussion of other opinions, communication between us... ?

Or do you think We could do a better job with other communication platform?

I'll Wait for all your considerations

Thanks a lot

Bets Regards
Mr B.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: Phpbb Forum for a study Group?

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

yes, it should be perfect for this.
after all, phpbb is a bulletin board. A bulletin board is designed for discussions and sharing of information.

robert
Mr Bunker

Post by Mr Bunker »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:yes, it should be perfect for this.
after all, phpbb is a bulletin board. A bulletin board is designed for discussions and sharing of information.

robert
Thats what I tought !!! ;) Thanks fou your reply robert.
jainvikram

Post by jainvikram »

Well i think phpbb should do the trick for you as its free, easy, and customizable to any extent.
I would suggest, go for it. ;)
Mr Bunker

Post by Mr Bunker »

jainvikram wrote:Well i think phpbb should do the trick for you as its free, easy, and customizable to any extent.
I would suggest, go for it. ;)

Well, if we want to do things right, we have to pay. ;)
Big-Jim

Post by Big-Jim »

When I was in college there were study groups. I did not belong to a study group, so I do not know a great deal about them. What I do know is that at least some of the groups would meet at the library once a day, to share notes, to share information, or whatever else they needed to share or discuss.

I am not sure how a forum would be a better way for a study group to meet than a "face to face" meeting would be, but I guess whatever works is the way to go. I know a forum works well for people who are not in the same place, but if you are part of a college study group I would think the members would be in fairly close proximity and meeting "face to face" would be fairly easy. But if you prefer to have a forum, that is perfectly fine, I am not trying to start an argument with you. I am just saying to my mind it makes more sense for a study group to meet in person rather than trying to get together on a forum and having to type everything rather than just talking.

Return to “General Discussion”