Christmas

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
moviehive
Name: Aaron T

Christmas

Post by moviehive »

So Christmas is next month. Does anyone have anything planned? Anything planned for your forums running phpBB? Do you even celebrate Christmas?

What are you wanting the most for Christmas? What's on your wish list?
JBlaze
Name: Jason

Re: Christmas

Post by JBlaze »

I celebrate the tradition of Christmas, not the actual holiday as I am not religious (atheist).

For Christmas this year, I am scheduled to be working a 12 hour shift... yay for working in the private security industry.
cally6008

Post by cally6008 »

Christmas for us this year is in a new house in a different area. We'll be putting the cards up but no tree or decorations as the 5 cats will cause havoc and get in to too much mischief.

I haven't looked at work shifts yet but I think I'll end up having a couple of very short weeks due to opening hours and what shifts i normally do

I'm just starting to think about christmas on the forum, username changes if wanted are easy to sort out, avatars are next and then I'm not going to change the style as none are out yet for 3.1.1 but i'm thinking of shorten the width slightly and add a christmas background instead
Cable Player

Post by Cable Player »

JBlaze wrote:I celebrate the tradition of Christmas, not the actual holiday as I am not religious (atheist).

For Christmas this year, I am scheduled to be working a 12 hour shift... yay for working in the private security industry.
I did that a couple of years ago. The store I was working in asked me to be there as nobody else would be for the day. x3 pay and a crate of beer to go home with was an offer I couldn't resist. Another staff member was in with me for the day stacking shelves so I went and helped him for the day.
Jessica
Former Team Member
Name: Jessica

Post by Jessica »

I don't celebrate Christmas. My family still puts up decorations and all, but we're not like other families, giving gifts to each other and all that. I've never gotten gifts :/

Even if I did, though, I wouldn't celebrate it as a religious holiday (nowadays it's not really celebrated as such, even by Christians), since I'm atheist.

No plans for my board although I will enable a setting in the ACP called "Christmas decorations" (added it myself a couple years ago).

As for what I'll be doing...I'll probably spend it like any other day. Spend most of it on the computer, for example. Maybe I can persuade my mom to buy me something but otherwise like any other year I do not expect gifts, let alone wrapped ones.
Pro-choice, Atheist, Pro-LGBT rights
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
cally6008

Post by cally6008 »

Jessica, I wish I could send you something to open on christmas day. Something just for you to make you smile.

I think JBlaze summed it up well - I celebrate the tradition of Christmas, not the actual holiday as I am not religious (atheist)

I make the effort to go and see my parents and I send christmas cards out to people just to let them know I'm still alive I guess, there's no-one that I really keep in contact with.

I've put the decorations on the forum, santa hats, xmas avatars, xmas smilies but thats as far as I'm going to go.

It will just be another day for us, to be honest, we'll be on the computers for most of it but come the evening, it will be sofa time and watch the hour long christmas specials of the soaps and just chill out, spending time together. Just us and the cats.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Like every year I'll visit my parents. Arriving at the weekend before Christmas we'll buy a tree and decorate it together, putting on colored lights, tinsel, straw stars, tree balls and a tree topper. On one of the holidays the dinner will be exclusive, i.e. duck with red cabbage. Giving presents is not the focus, but everyone tries to surprise others with something. That time is meant to be spent together, as a family, as every year. None of us has to work during that time or new year's eve.
Pond Life

Post by Pond Life »

Another atheist here so the religious side is not relevant but we do enjoy some of the more fun aspects such as gifts. Its' the only time of year we can take a break, the joys of self employment, so we do look forward to the holiday.
Kirkowa

Post by Kirkowa »

I think Christmas for atheists can be also a great time because of spending time with families and (as it is in my country) two days holidays. And of course tradition, which is finaly happy.

Strange thing in my country is that we celebrate Christmas Eve, but it isn't public holidays, and 25th and 26th are. Anyway, I like Christmas, even if I work in Christmas Eve :)
noth

Post by noth »

I am not religious but love Christmas

that is why I am so totally chuffed with Stoker's phpBB Christmas Ext in DEV :D as it changes the look of a 3.1 forum so easily to what I regard as Christmas and I am sure many other people do too

Christmas Trees, Santa, Snowman all that stuff, actually while I am typing that my missus is playing the old Christmas songs from years back, Bing Crosby etc :mrgreen: LOVE IT

good topic moviehive ;)
Cryo
Name: Chris

Post by Cryo »

'll be:
Spending time with my Grandson, sleeping in, coloring together, playing trucks and making pancakes together, trying to get his sleep schedule back on track. Yup, still working on that.

Vegging out in front of the TV

Cleaning and organizing the house

Getting back in the habit of exercising and eating better (I'm serious this time).

Spending time with my wife :shock:
Volksdevil
Name: Neil

Post by Volksdevil »

Will be making it as special as I can for my two kids, Ayrton 6, and Izzy 8. I see them on Boxing day, so it's like a second Christmas for them.

Christmas day is spent with my Mum, Dad, Sister etc.
TrAsHeR

Post by TrAsHeR »

I want too a theme christmas :) thanks
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Beer, that is all
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored

Return to “General Discussion”