Filezilla

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Bullseye!

Filezilla

Post by Bullseye! »

Does anyone know where I can download filezilla without the viruses, I tried their website but I get a malware warning or is there to an alternative to FZ?

Thanks in advance

John

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Filezilla

Post by KevC »

I suspect your antivirus is being overly sensitive. I've never had a problem getting it from their own site.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

The default download has a disclaimer that it has "bundled offers".
There is a link just below that that is labeled "Show additional download options".
Click that to get the clean downloads.

Here at work, I get all of my downloads from ninite.com. I have never seen a "bundle" from their downloads.

John connor
Name: Aaron

Post by John connor »

OP, check out WinSCP. This is far better IMO. I used to use Filezilla, but my host suggested WinSCP. I like WinSCP especially so that you will get a pop up warning in case you drag and drop a file. You don't get that in Filezilla and if you accidentally drag and drop a file you a SOL. I have done it before and without knowing what file I dropped I had to reupload my entire phpBB folder.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Brf wrote:There is a link just below that that is labeled "Show additional download options".
Click that to get the clean downloads.
This is the internet - why not using links? https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1 - in doubt download the ZIP version.
John connor wrote:WinSCP
Same here: why not links? https://winscp.net/eng/download.php

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

FileZilla has crashed out for me a few times in its latest build. It works for a while, then freezes.

I have just started to use the FireFox AddOn http://fireftp.net/ which seems pretty fast, but needs to be set up first (auto upload, show hidden files, etc)

Sajaki
Name: Andreas

Post by Sajaki »

Bullseye! wrote:Does anyone know where I can download filezilla without the viruses, I tried their website but I get a malware warning or is there to an alternative to FZ?

Thanks in advance

John
"without the viruses" ??

If you're using the official site, you should be ok : https://filezilla-project.org/

Just don't download it from http://sourceforge.net, they are notorious for adding bloatware to downloads.

Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty »

There are many other FTP clients out there without any junk, both free and paid.

This one is very good: https://cyberduck.io/
Interface might take a while to get used to, but after using it for long time I don't want to see any standard 2 panel FTP clients ever again.
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework

eeji
Jr. Style Validator

Post by eeji »

Theres a clean virus free and bloatware free version in the Ubuntu repository...... :mrgreen:

candy_man

Post by candy_man »

You can download from sourceforge.net or filezilla-project.org

Dragosvr92
Name: Dragos Valentin Rădulescu

Post by Dragosvr92 »

HiFiKabin wrote:FileZilla has crashed out for me a few times in its latest build. It works for a while, then freezes.

I have just started to use the FireFox AddOn http://fireftp.net/ which seems pretty fast, but needs to be set up first (auto upload, show hidden files, etc)
I used that one plenty of years ago. I was excited to have it as a browser feature. But it caused me problems.
The files i was uploading werent uploaded with the proper encryption, and they were being altered on upload.

So i had to switch back to Filezilla. This WinSCP appears to look nice. Its simple and portable.
I think ill consider to move to it. Thanks John.

John connor
Name: Aaron

Post by John connor »

Dragosvr92 wrote:
So i had to switch back to Filezilla. This WinSCP appears to look nice. Its simple and portable.

Yeah, I used to use Filezilla, but my host recommended WinSCP and I've been happy with it. Plus, it will warn you if you moved files so you don't screw something up.

TWEagle

Post by TWEagle »

John connor wrote:
Dragosvr92 wrote:

Yeah, I used to use Filezilla, but my host recommended WinSCP and I've been happy with it. Plus, it will warn you if you moved files so you don't screw something up.
Does WinSCP also support to put al the servers where you connect with to put it in the cloud like filezilla does

like this

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

The_White_Eagle wrote:Does WinSCP
like this
That's a file related approach, so no: almost every software storing its data in files can be used the way it is described there. Including WinSCP (which you first have to tell storing its settings in an INI file instead of the registry).

However, I strongly discourage from putting credentials into the cloud, even when being encrypted.

Anuj Dhawan

Post by Anuj Dhawan »

Bullseye! wrote:Does anyone know where I can download filezilla without the viruses, I tried their website but I get a malware warning or is there to an alternative to FZ?

Thanks in advance

John
I've downloaded it from their site without any issue/s. Why don't you start a thread on their forums? They are pretty prompt in replying.

Return to “General Discussion”