How to Transfer Shared godaddy hosting to cloud server?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
umarimtiaz1

How to Transfer Shared godaddy hosting to cloud server?

Post by umarimtiaz1 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Hello i have a website (http://www.sportsnewsupdated.com/) hosted on godaddy with current plan (Hosting - Web - Economy - Linux cPanel ). i want to transfer from this plan to cloud server as my website get down when it has 200 users online on this package. I dont know cloud hosting will benefit my criteria or not but i have read over internet and found cloud hosting better than shared upto some extent. please suggest me if you know better option as i am also unable to buy vps hosting because i cant afford it . plus what is the method of upgrade from shared to cloud in godaddy? i will be highligh appreciated

Regards
Umar
Last edited by bonelifer on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from 3.0.x Support Forum to General Discussion

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: How to Transfer Shared godaddy hosting to cloud server?

Post by stevemaury » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:15 am

Seems like something you should be asking GoDaddy.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:45 am

umarimtiaz1 wrote:i have read over internet
I think so far you understood the concept as good as your source is precise. Technically what you now have is the same as a cloud. What you precisely want seems to be Iaas (less likely) or PaaS (more likely), so you can rent resources on demand. But in the end it's nothing else than telling your current hoster you want more performance.
The worst thing about censorship is ███████████
Affin wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:51 am
The problem is probably not my English but you do not want to understand correctly.
We will not come anybody anyway, nevertheless, it's best to shit this.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:00 am

so called "cloud" hosting is for people that want to share programs or put their pictures online or whatever. If you have your own domain name and want a website you just need normal web site hosting plans. godaddy is crap at web hosting. they are great as domain registrars which is what they started as.

find a decent web host and you will be fine.

http://webhostingtalk.com is a good place to look for a good host.

a good shared hosting plan should be able to handle 200 concurrent users. however, it is getting close to needing a vps. they do NOT have to be terribly expensive. do some research at the link above.

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there, does it make a sound?

umarimtiaz1

Post by umarimtiaz1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:47 am

What hosting plans should i go for that would be able to handle 300 users online at a time?

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:12 am

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:so called "cloud" hosting is for people that want to share programs or put their pictures online or whatever.
Nope, a Cloud hosting it is an empty space that you can set as you want, like if you have a web server at home into your own PC. It is on your own to set-up the kind of server you want to have or use the facilities offered there, there are free ones and not.

I.e.: I want a server based on linux with Cpanel? Yes I can.

You decide what kind of server you get, PHP version/s you want there, DB, CGI.. and so on.

You are the ruler (the hoster of yourself) there, beetwen the limits of your cloud (droplet) .. 5gb, 10gb... and so on. All of this means you MUST have the necessary knowledge on how to set up a server. ;)

As an example, the digitalocean DOT com[ it is one the more cheap and advanced Clouds over there IMHO.

I am not spamming nothing here since I am not in any way affiliated, but I for sure I will get there in the next future if my actual host will not solves it's own server configurations as soon as possible.
I paid a domain name and still waiting to get that host working. :)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:52 am

that may be true, but most people that use "cloud" hosting are only using it to store their pics, games stuff etc. from their phones/tablets etc.
they don't have or want or understand a website or a bulletin board etc.

most people that want a website will be much better off just getting a normal web hosting account somewhere.
they won't really have to learn anything about servers at all though they should learn the proper way to create/maintain a website with ftp etc.

robert

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:03 am

That's true. ;) Also if those people use their own clouds to do that they must have sat their own servers themselves or paid for.

Consider a cloud like a mini SSD hard-drive, empty. You can make what you want.

Have you never heard of the gmail cloud? Every email gets a 15GB free disk space (it is like you have a USB stick always available worldwide, just an username and password to input)

The OP wanted to know how to transfer on a cloud and I served on a silver plate the pro and cons.

Look at me, the Computer technology it is always a step or more beyond us, we need to look at the future and do not stop users to do what they want because of our impressions or thoughts. That's somehow negative considering the BigG is crawling us, also.

We need to be always up-to-date while supporting and trying our best to give a correct answer to the question.

That's what I think.

Regards.

JordiGomez

Post by JordiGomez » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:58 am

This is something you need to ask with godaddy team. But I believe it is same method. The differences is only with the technologies.

You just need to backup all your files and database and then you can upload it to your cloud server.

Return to “General Discussion”