Wooohooo, 4 more years ...

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
dhn
Former Team Member
Name: Dominik Dröscher

Wooohooo, 4 more years ...

Post by dhn »

... of Bush bashing as it currently looks like! Buckle your seatbelts and start your engines. Moderators, prepare your heavy sticks. This is going to fun ride! And don't forget to put on your tinfoil hats.

Excuse me, while I am going cry myself into sleep now.

arhodes16
Former Team Member

Post by arhodes16 »

I think most of the world outside of the US will be extremely disappointed with the result of this election. I was hoping Kerry may be able to do it, and I'm no Kerry fan, but I'm of the 'He isn't Bush' opinion.

This really is a sad turn for America and the opinion of America held by the rest of the world - not only have the actions of Bush/America been widely disapproved of elsewhere in the world, but now we see that the larger percentage of the American people do infact want this guy back in to carry on the trend.

This was in my eyes the best opportunity that America had to rescue itself from the way it is currently heading, I fear that if Bush can behave as he has and still be voted back in this doesn't look good for the future of America and more importantly the future of the world as a whole.

Without wishing to start a debate, having watched a large amount of coverage of this election about the major influences on the Republican vote, the power of religion in politics never fails to amaze me.

ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

Mhhh until that the counting of the votes is not finished, you can't predict which candidate will win these elections..
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)

arhodes16
Former Team Member

Post by arhodes16 »

ZoliveR wrote: Mhhh until that the counting of the votes is not finished, you can't predict which candidate will win these elections..

Currently it depends on Ohio, where Bush has a lead of about 130,000 votes. There are only estimates of around 170,000 votes still due to come in, so they would need to be hugely in favour of Kerry (over 130,000 votes out of 170,000, 76%, would need to be for Kerry) to make any difference.

Unless something completely unpredicted happens or we get a last minute scandal, Bush has won.

ConsoleBuddies

Post by ConsoleBuddies »

I do really hope that Bush gets the office chair back again, The other guy..Na.. Seems to lie too much with Vietnam an all.

Dorian

Post by Dorian »

ConsoleBuddies wrote: I do really hope that Bush gets the office chair back again, The other guy..Na.. Seems to lie too much with Vietnam an all.

LOOOOOL :lol: :lol:

Because you think that Bush isn't a liar ? I hope you're joking ! lol

The fact that Kerry was against Vietnam war after 1973 has nothing to do with his ability to govern the USA...

If Bush is elected again, shame on America... I'm sorry to say that... We know in France that all the Americans are not in favor of Bush, but they are not the majority, unfortunately.

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

I really hate it when people from other countries just love to complain about Pres. Bush winning if he does in fact. And the fact that someone said "shame on America." Evidently if Pres. Bush turns out to be the winner, it means people think he's better than the other candidates. That's a U.S. decision.

... ok, so maybe I'm just a little groggy.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

SamG
Former Team Member
Name: Sam Graf

Post by SamG »

arhodes16 wrote: ... I was hoping Kerry may be able to do it, and I'm no Kerry fan, but I'm of the 'He isn't Bush' opinion.

... now we see that the larger percentage of the American people do infact want this guy back in to carry on the trend.

If you see yourself as a proponent of the "He isn't Bush" option, then how is not possible that at least some American voters are simply even less comfortable with Kerry than Bush? Given the feelings among people I know (which of course falls considerably short of a genuine sampling of the American people in all their diversity), I know of not one single wide open supporter of Bush, but I suspect that at least half of those people could have voted for him, given their equally unsettled thoughts toward Kerry.

But, as usual (at least in my experience over the years), plain ordinary Americans, when faced with a choice, cannot win, cannot make the right choice. We're all (well, at least a majority of us) mindless drones of the religious right, or war mongers, or uninformed, or environmentally indifferent, or whatever. Or, in years passed, we were too isolationist ... on it goes.

Well, I'll have to go out today and see if any of my fellow citizens are dancing in the streets. A few might, but I suspect not many will. We as a people have a tough road ahead, no matter who wins the election, and whatever we do as a people, we will have our critics. At least a lot of us voted, but who's counting?
We should talk less, and say more.

arhodes16
Former Team Member

Post by arhodes16 »

MennoniteHobbit wrote: Evidently if Pres. Bush turns out to be the winner, it means people think he's better than the other candidates. That's a U.S. decision.

And that is why people say 'shame on America' - the rest of the world is judging America on what it sees, and cannot believe that the American people have decided to elect Bush again.

arhodes16
Former Team Member

Post by arhodes16 »

SamG wrote: If you see yourself as a proponent of the "He isn't Bush" option, then how is not possible that at least some American voters are simply even less comfortable with Kerry than Bush?

I'm not sure what your point is, I'm saying I believe there are people who could run America better than either Bush/Kerry, however we all know what you get with Bush, hence why I would vote for anyone but Bush - it simply could not get any worse whoever you voted for in my opinion. Kerry has shown that he does not intend to keep running America the way Bush did - with Kerry you pretty much knew there would not be another new war or two in the next 4 years, I can honestly say I'll be extremely surprised if Bush doesn't manage to persuade the world to invade another country within this next term. Before anyone tries to jump on me for this comment, wait for now, and reply to this topic in 4 years - lets see what the world looks like then.
SamG wrote: But, as usual (at least in my experience over the years), plain ordinary Americans, when faced with a choice, cannot win, cannot make the right choice. We're all (well, at least a majority of us) mindless drones of the religious right, or war mongers, or uninformed, or environmentally indifferent, or whatever. Or, in years passed, we were too isolationist ... on it goes.

I sort of see what you're getting at here, but I think it does help to wonder why the world outside of America looks at America/Bush in the way that it does. over 50% of voters in America have voted for a man who has appealed to the mindless drones of the religious right, is a war monger, lies to his own nation and his allies, and doesn't care about the environment. I just don't understand how anyone can vote for this guy, whatever issues you have with the other guy.
SamG wrote: Well, I'll have to go out today and see if any of my fellow citizens are dancing in the streets. A few might, but I suspect not many will. We as a people have a tough road ahead, no matter who wins the election, and whatever we do as a people, we will have our critics. At least a lot of us voted, but who's counting?

It's great that so many people voted, but that is why as an outsider I am so surprised, and again comes to the bit that people outside of the US cannot understand - why have so many people come out to support Bush, other than for the sterotype anti-american's reasons that you've listed in your post?

JSlayton2002

Post by JSlayton2002 »

The popular vote is by far in Bush's favor.

The electoral vote is pretty well decided to be in Bush's favor.

America made their choice. That's the way the system works. I'm just glad that we didn't have to see what 4 years of Kerry would be like.

Pit
Security Consultant

Post by Pit »

MennoniteHobbit wrote: I really hate it when people from other countries just love to complain about Pres. Bush winning if he does in fact.

When America stops trying to run the world, I'll stop taking interest in the US elections. Deal?
super fun rainbow colour sig

Draegonis
Former Team Member

Post by Draegonis »

JSlayton2002 wrote: The popular vote is by far in Bush's favor.

Err, there are two EVs between them and 3 states with a total of 32 EVs are still undecided. That's hardly "by far" and it's not over yet either.

Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

I find it amusing that Kerry didn't even win his home state. Pit: I understand where you are coming from, but at the same time, it is our country. And don't forget people, even if Bush wins popular vote, there is a chance that Kerry would win the Electoral College votes. Unlikely, but has happened in the past. I also heard that Kerry was going to consider conceding. I'm sorry, but if he can't take it, then I really don't want him as president anyway.
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN

Draegonis
Former Team Member

Post by Draegonis »

Techie-Micheal wrote: I also heard that Kerry was going to consider conceding. I'm sorry, but if he can't take it, then I really don't want him as president anyway.

Well you're kinda stuck on choice there. If he conceedes, you're not going to get him as president anyway. 8O

What I find more amusing is that Kerry, despite Bush's rambling on about terror etc, managed to win the two states worst affected - NY and PA, not to mention Washington and Washington DC. :)

Either way, it isn't actually your country. You just happen to live there.

Edit: Only Pit actually has an answer to why I mentioned Washington as well as DC: "Well, terrorists might get lost and attack Washington State by accident".
Last edited by Draegonis on Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”