Wooohooo, 4 more years ...

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
TTB_beat

here

Post by TTB_beat »

Lets lighten this up a little here.

http://www.mdna.net/rhapsody.html

Graphic
Former Team Member

Re: here

Post by Graphic »

TTB_beat wrote: Lets lighten this up a little here.

http://www.mdna.net/rhapsody.html

LOL that was great. I wonder how I missed this one. Not as good as the Jib Jab one though.
What Is Real!?
Latest phpBB2 Styles: [What Is Real!?] [Avalanche]

honest

My proposed solution to Iraq!

Post by honest »

Firstly:
We should note that not all terrorists are Muslims. According to US State Department, Patterns of Golbal Terrorism, 1999, of the 169 anti-US attacks reported for 1999, Latin America accounted for 96, Western Europe for 30, Eurasia for 9, and Africa 16. The Middle East accounted for 11, and Asia for 6.

Anyway, here is my solution to solving the Iraq dilemma that Bush(he should be shot; I'm not making a threat, I'm stating what I wish someone would do, so I'm not breaking the law)

Alright, Iraq is composed of 2 religious groups, the Shiites and the Sunni Islam(Arabs and Kurds). Both groups hate each other, similar to how the Catholics and the Protestants used to hate each other. In Iraq the Sunni are the minority,being about 20% of the population, while the Shiites are the majority. Currenly what the U.S. government is trying to do is to create Iraq into a country that is united without oppressing the people. It wont work. Either the Shiites will suppress the Sunni or the Sunni will oppress the Shiites. In either case Iraq will be back where it started. Now most people think that Saddam Hussein's government was completely corrupt, and it was, but it did have one strong point; Saddams regime kept Iraq united, and it prevented the Shiites from killing the Sunni, and the Sunni from killing the Shiites. It prevented the conflict by ruling with an iron fist. No government is going to be able to control Iraq without an iron fist. The best way to end the conflict in Iraq is to divide it into 2 countries, one for the Shiites, and one for the Sunni's. Neither country would have power over the other country, and they could develop their own foreign policy towards each other.
Secondly we should give contracts to rebuild Iraq to nonamerican companies; preferably middle-eastern companies, doing so would reduce the American presence in Iraq, while at the same time it would help strengthen the middle eastern economy.
Thirdly, we should 'threaten' to occupy Israel unless they come to terms with Palestinians, while cutting off our support of weapons and such to them (More than half of the UN's emergency meetings have been to condemn Israel). The effects of changing US foreign policy with Israel would have numeous good outcomes. It would alleviate tension between the US and many Arab nations who distrust Israel, and have had numerous conflicts with them because Israel was built on land stolen from the Palestinians, and the Palestinians should have just as much a right to live there as the Israelis.

Well, I think I covered most of the issues in Iraq.
Here is a list of why the US wont do what I just suggested:
1. The US doesn't want to lose billions of dollars by supporting Arab businesses instead of American.
2. The US is currently allies with Turkey, and once the Sunni Islam's get their own country in Iraq, the Sunni Islam's in Turkey will also want their own country which could lead to greater unrest in Turkey
3. The US has a large Jewish population that will protest if we try to intervene in Israel.

I'm currently out of ideas, feel free to comment if you have an addition(s) to my proposal, or if you found a flaw(s).

Kanuck
Former Team Member

Post by Kanuck »

When did this site become a breeding ground for conservative Americans? I missed the memo where liberal opinions became wrong here, too.

I may have disagreed in the past, but reading this type of stuff just makes me think GD ought to be canned altogether. Call this backseat moderating or what you will, but this isn't the phpBB.com I knew and loved.
Kanuck
Former phpBB.com team member

andrewik

Post by andrewik »

Kerry's campaign failed because it lacked a focused message.

It is amazing that with so much bad news in Iraq, jobs, healthcare, deficit, ..., most people still favor Bush.

Anaximander Thales

Re: well now

Post by Anaximander Thales »

TTB_beat wrote: The only people that didn't get it were people that didn't earn enough income to pay taxes, dont know what to tell you :?

No, my mother is a teacher and my father was starting a business. Still nothing, still no way to get the tax break.
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball peen hammer.

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

adamsmark wrote: I've never understood how you accept one restriction (the number of parties in a marriage) but not another (gender, i.e., marriage between a man and a woman).

Simple: they're not the same restriction. It's rather like the absurd attempt made earlier to equate homosexuality to pedophilia; despite rabid attempts on the part of homophobes to say that homosexual marriage would inevitably lead to pedophile marriage, history has shown that legalizing sodomy did not lead to legalizing pedophilia. Get over it.
The state can create a contract between three parties that addresses separation (divide according to the same laws, just among more parties), inheritance rights (divide equally between the parties), medical visitation (all united parties share the same right), etc. I wouldn't want to enter into such a contract with more than one party, but perhaps that should be another person's choice, eh?

Perhaps, and indeed, the Bible supports such marriages, as do many religions such as Islam and orthodox Mormons. Nevertheless, it is a different type of marriage and it would require massive, expensive rewriting of the applicable laws. Homosexual marriage would not.
That companies would be burdened with additional health costs, well, I've been making that argument about homosexual marriages for a long time now.

The fact that you have been "making that argument" does not mean it is any more sound than your other ridiculously fallacious religiously motivated attacks on homosexuality.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/

Darth Wong

Re: well now

Post by Darth Wong »

TTB_beat wrote: Magnotta
Here at least see the other side before you Judge.

http://www.fahrenhype911.com/

Still posting without willing to admit your error on the matter of your own posted taxation rates and the clear shift of the tax burden away from the wealthy class, eh? I find it somehow quite fascinating how you doggedly post away without admitting your mistake earlier; it is rather reminiscent of George W. Bush himself, who can't think of a mistake he has ever made during his presidency.

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

Perhaps this election result should be interpreted as a sign that North America should be fundamentally reorganized:
:lol:

Dorian

Post by Dorian »

LOL :lol:
MennoniteHobbit wrote: I really hate it when people from other countries just love to complain about Pres. Bush winning if he does in fact. And the fact that someone said "shame on America." Evidently if Pres. Bush turns out to be the winner, it means people think he's better than the other candidates. That's a U.S. decision.

Yeah, right, we looove to complain about Bush, because he's totally uncompetent - I mean concerning foreign affairs. As for economy, employment, etc. it is the Americans' choice.

I'd just like to raise a point : I dislike the fact that Bush used the hate towards France and the french (especially) as an argument for his campaign. It is totally ridiculous because first of all, it turned out that Chirac (and most of the Europeans) was right about Irak : there's absolutely NO link between S. Hussein and Al-Qaeda, and there were no WMD... so what can Republicans reproach to France ???? We don't understand it, here, really. And next, France supports America in his war on terror, but not the way Bush does.

I acknowledge that I like America though, and Bush won't prevent me of returning in the United States, because I like going there. I just don't like Bush, and we, in Europe, don't fully understand why 51% of the US population voted in favor of Bush...
Personnally I think that 9/11 had an enormous, a huge impact on the campaign, and it is understandable. But Bush's policy is very aggressive and inefficient, and tends to isolate America : Irak was not the right choice and it strengthens the muslim hate towards America. Also, what Bush did (apart nothing...) in the Middle-East in order to solve the Palestinian question ?

Here is my point of view, as about 80% of the Europeans. But I repeat, I like America, I juste hate Bush - as 48% of you !!! ;)

By the way : http://www.globalvote2004.org (try to find the real reasons for why most of the countries in the world would have chosen Kerry...)

SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` »

Kanuck wrote: I may have disagreed in the past, but reading this type of stuff just makes me think GD ought to be canned altogether. Call this backseat moderating or what you will, but this isn't the phpBB.com I knew and loved.

The heart bleeding Commies are fighting Jihad with the forum trolls. ;)
Darth Wong wrote: Perhaps this election result should be interpreted as a sign that North America should be fundamentally reorganized:
:lol:

I'm in tears... ^_^;
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信

dhn
Former Team Member
Name: Dominik Dröscher

Post by dhn »

Thanks Darth, that just made my morning. 8)
Kanuck wrote: I may have disagreed in the past, but reading this type of stuff just makes me think GD ought to be canned altogether. Call this backseat moderating or what you will, but this isn't the phpBB.com I knew and loved.

Well, it is not a private club any more. For that we have gØre and #teh now.
Last edited by dhn on Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunky

Post by Drunky »

Dorian wrote: there's absolutely NO link between S. Hussein and Al-Qaeda, and there were no WMD... so what can Republicans reproach to France ???? We don't understand it, here, really. And next, France supports America in his war on terror, but not the way Bush does.

This seems like a clear link to me. :P

Gud
Former Team Member

Post by Gud »

If we're posting images...

Image 8)

Drunky

Post by Drunky »

Gud wrote: If we're posting images...

[img]huge image (pls do not quote images - dhn) 8)

I have a similar one. Actually I have two. But I forgot where I got them. Since I saved them to my computer.

Return to “General Discussion”