Agree or Disagree

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Agree or Disagree

Post by warmweer »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:05 pm and/or, a true friend would take care of things for you while you are rotting in hell. ( like your wife, your dog, your money, etc.) :twisted:
euhm, I'd have to see your wife and financial records first, and I would need to find someone to take care of your dog.
Ok OK I'm joking: the dog can come :lol:
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

PiperB wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:45 pmsomeone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart instead
That sounds just weird: a true friend is someone who you can rely on - not someone just warming your heart but otherwise being pretty useless. Your definition would rather fit to your own child.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

PiperB wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:37 pm *removed*
Nobody tried to insult you. (and couldn't have in that respect without the knowledge you just provided).
It's just that your statement was (as you mentioned just now) a part of a larger whole (which you chose not to state at that time). And the statement as it stands/stood doesn't necessarily define a friend.

There 's no need to take things personally (the joke I made about Lumpy Burgertushie's post could also have been followed by a reprimand but I took the risk because I was sure Lumpy would take it as a joke and nothing personal).
Last edited by JimA on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted text from removed post deleted
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

I think this topic has run its course now. We're going slightly off topic on a topic that I think we can all agree didn't present too much of a discussion value in the first place anyway. ;)

Closing.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “General Discussion”