how do i start a web hosting bussines from my own server

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Ralphort

Re: how do i start a web hosting bussines from my own server

Post by Ralphort » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:08 am

Methen wrote:in my opinion its simply not worth it, There is nothing wrong with hosting your own site, something I have always wanted to do so I can tell all these web host and their censorship where to stick it, But I lack the money and skills...
Hosting on your own have some advantages. You don't really need some skills & it pays over time (2-3 years). About a decade ago I was experimenting with XAMPP & WAMP for my set up & even with a much more powerful machine it's extremely hard to maintain better uptimes on home build Windows set up. Nowadays everythings plugnplay & simplified. A cheap NAS device connected to a router over a web interface can do a lot of things.

Good thing I refused to listen to this so called "experts" BS telling me to go instead with this so called "real hosting" subscription. You can host FPS game servers at home & stream videos on WAN from a DiskStation at home but your web hosting is not real hosting. Seriously??? As if this real hosting has huge pipelines & load balancing sh__. This so called real hosting is running on a shared bandwidth with so many websites on a virtual host. Paying $5 is not real hosting.

Jabhi

Post by Jabhi » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:22 am

Hi,
How much internet speed( upload and download speed) is required for a website having 500 users AT A TIME hosted in my computer?

XDeveloper

Post by XDeveloper » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:29 pm

those questions are more suitable at webhostingtalk and not here.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:18 am

I'm of the opinion if you need to ask here, you haven't done your homework, there's plenty of information available out there. Your topic subject will reveal many hits on the subject.
enter a valid email wrote:Here in Vienna some Apartment are connected to a Fiber with 100Mb/s for 39,90€/ Month
That's not the whole point, I also have 100Mb/s but my provider doesn't allow me to run a webserver on that account.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Return to “General Discussion”