[Another] Oh boy

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
nimd4

[Another] Oh boy

Post by nimd4 »

My topic, here, in this forum sure did disappear quickly.. Seems like it was gone in a second. o.0
[Another] Broken link
... Was the title, whatever the content; about an old 404 blog post announcement, here on PhpBB.

Anyway, got another one (hehe)! If anyone should see this, before it gets destroyed like the other topic (not even sure where else I could post it):

I'm making a post over @https://forum.piriform.com/ and by the way, not even sure how that will go - because the moderators there (and admins?!) are pretty much crazy (AF); I got slammed about posting a link to a 3rd party site /product, in order to compare some feature and/or ask a question - and, like, IMMEDIATELY, seconds after making the topic /post (LOL), whatever it was, can't really remember it - I almost got LYNCHED.

^^ Apparently they got their panties in a bunch about posting a link to any "competitors" (Jesus Christ)

Ugh, I was trying to say that with the new(er) version(s) of Invision Power Board, now called IP.Board, there doesn't seem to be the option to Do not automatically parse URLs as PhpBB has, underneath each post (like, here as well!) and my topic is coming out as a cartoon - instead of what I need to post. I don't know how come that several years ago Invision had SERIOUSLY back-tracked with their software... And, yet, they remain in like the top 5 (or, something) forum software(s).

WHATever, just posting a little rant (here); & hopefully someone could give me some feedback?! Thank you!! :))
Last edited by JimA on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved from Test Me
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [Another] Oh boy

Post by KevC »

This is a testing forum for trying sigs and BBcodes. It auto purges on a regular basis.

I'm not sure you'll get much opinion here about another brand of forum software.
nimd4

Re: [Another] Oh boy

Post by nimd4 »

Cool, TYVM! Check out what happened, though; this was lightning quick - Google Spider is fetching pages in milliseconds or something! o.0

Ran a Google Query, for:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ip.board+Do+not+automatically+parse+URLs+-meaning+-vbulletin
... And my post, this post, was there; a "Cached" version of it - as well. IDK., seems PRETTY amazing? :-0

Screenshots:
2016-11-06_20-33-30.png
2016-11-06_20-33-42.png
2016-11-06_20-34-20.png
2016-11-06_20-34-35.png
2016-11-06_20-34-45.png
* Again, thanks (!) for the reply; & OMG., PhpBB has come a LONG way - for this to work so quickly. Nice, great!! :))

Now I'm regretting not posting this in General Discussion, or something, meh

Return to “General Discussion”