Froddelaar wrote: titanic_nerd wrote: Froddelaar wrote:
I'm not gonna update in 23 days. Will wait like 1 more month..
Why wait an extra month?
Few extension authors are waiting for the release to update their extensions of styles.
I think it's better to wait some time
For days, I been wondering what the countdown was for too!
I concur with Froddelaar, I have formed a habit long ago of never upgrading to the newest anything, right away. This habit has served me well. It's just good practice to wait for others to discover bugs, if any. And like he said in this case, it would give devs time to catch up with extensions. Unless you have the time and the will to go forward first, then let the power be with you!
In the meantime, I think it's best for all of us to prepare (as I am).. get phpbb3.2 set up on test domain, work there at your own pace until everything currently working on your >3.1.10 is good to go on the new 3.2 in test. Then, simply migrate it over to your live domain after certainty.
Let's face it, most of us probably have 100's of extensions. So very valid point Froddelaar!
kaspir wrote:most of us probably have 100's of extensions
The majority of which will still work on 3.2
True, especially the simple css edit ones and such. Many devs have already begun, if not completed their patching.