Page 2 of 3

Re: 22 days?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:14 pm
by WelshPaul
Methen wrote:22 days left to what ?
phpBB 3.2

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:33 pm
by </Solidjeuh>
23 hours now?? :lol:

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:34 pm
by RMcGirr83
Probably help if you read this very topic

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:41 pm
by canonknipser
Froddelaar wrote:23 hours now?? :lol:
->
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2396461&p=14582446#p14582446
RMcGirr83 wrote:Probably help if you read this very topic
Reading a complete topic? You are joking :mrgreen:

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:52 pm
by </Solidjeuh>
:lol: *snip* lool
I'm not gonna update in 23 days. Will wait like 1 more month.. 8-)

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:25 pm
by titanic_nerd
Froddelaar wrote::lol: *snip* lool
I'm not gonna update in 23 days. Will wait like 1 more month.. 8-)
Why wait an extra month?

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:35 pm
by kasimi
It's still counting down hours. This should be event.offset.totalDays.

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:05 pm
by Derky
Hehe yes, I was also looking into it and submitted a PR :P https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb-website/pull/96

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:17 pm
by MichaelC
Apologies for that trouble. We've now fixed the countdown.

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:55 pm
by </Solidjeuh>
titanic_nerd wrote:
Froddelaar wrote::lol: *snip* lool
I'm not gonna update in 23 days. Will wait like 1 more month.. 8-)
Why wait an extra month?
Few extension authors are waiting for the release to update their extensions of styles.
I think it's better to wait some time :)

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:01 am
by kaspir
Froddelaar wrote:
titanic_nerd wrote:
Froddelaar wrote::lol: *snip* lool
I'm not gonna update in 23 days. Will wait like 1 more month.. 8-)
Why wait an extra month?
Few extension authors are waiting for the release to update their extensions of styles.
I think it's better to wait some time :)
For days, I been wondering what the countdown was for too! :P

I concur with Froddelaar, I have formed a habit long ago of never upgrading to the newest anything, right away. This habit has served me well. It's just good practice to wait for others to discover bugs, if any. And like he said in this case, it would give devs time to catch up with extensions. Unless you have the time and the will to go forward first, then let the power be with you!

In the meantime, I think it's best for all of us to prepare (as I am).. get phpbb3.2 set up on test domain, work there at your own pace until everything currently working on your >3.1.10 is good to go on the new 3.2 in test. Then, simply migrate it over to your live domain after certainty.

Let's face it, most of us probably have 100's of extensions. So very valid point Froddelaar!
david63 wrote:
kaspir wrote:most of us probably have 100's of extensions
The majority of which will still work on 3.2
True, especially the simple css edit ones and such. Many devs have already begun, if not completed their patching.

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:11 am
by david63
kaspir wrote:most of us probably have 100's of extensions
The majority of which will still work on 3.2

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:53 pm
by DavidIQ
kaspir wrote:True, especially the simple css edit ones and such. Many devs have already begun, if not completed their patching.
Many/most need no "patching", which was the point. They will work in 3.2 just as they did in 3.1 with no changes needed.

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:53 pm
by kaspir
DavidIQ wrote:
kaspir wrote:True, especially the simple css edit ones and such. Many devs have already begun, if not completed their patching.
Many/most need no "patching", which was the point. They will work in 3.2 just as they did in 3.1 with no changes needed.
Most aye? Alright, I was going off of this which clearly said they will not: viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2376856#convert3

I'm still waiting.

Re: What are we Counting Down To?

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:23 am
by HiFiKabin
I wonder if its a count down to Beties bath night