Where can I find forums to join?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
shakeninsane

Where can I find forums to join?

Post by shakeninsane »

Hi guys! I might just have missed it, but is there any place on this site where people have links to their forums? I'd love to join a few forums of my interest, but I have trouble finding them. Would love if there was a list of forums with a quick summary of what the common interest is over there.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Where can I find forums to join?

Post by KevC »

There's the showcase but that's more an example of what you can do with the phpBB platform.
https://www.phpbb.com/showcase/

or people's sigs

But a search engine is by far your best bet if you search for keywords that fit your interests followed by forum, board or club.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
shakeninsane

Post by shakeninsane »

I just feel that googling just brings me to the jam packed forums where it's impossible to get a word in sideways, ya know? I'm on some forums but the busiest I just end up being inactive on because it's just too flooded. :oops: not that dead forums are much better, but a healthy middle way would be nice.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Try nearer pages 6-10 of your search results. That's probably where they are.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

shakeninsane wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:03 pm Hi guys! I might just have missed it, but is there any place on this site where people have links to their forums? I'd love to join a few forums of my interest, but I have trouble finding them. Would love if there was a list of forums with a quick summary of what the common interest is over there.
what sort of forums are you looking for, any specific niche?
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

There are quite a few 'promotion forums' or webmaster forums where Admins congregate to share and discuss their sites.

Search "Forum Promotion" in Google, top result is one of the best known :)

Return to “General Discussion”