How to ressurect a forum

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
gflex1

Re: How to ressurect a forum

Post by gflex1 »

Guys, big thank you to you all for support.

Still, the problem exists.

Our club has done a couple local fishing championships in this summer. We do make new content on our website, We run actively our social media channels, but I need more young people to do that.

But still... the forum is not restarting :( From time to time we get new users (no it's not a spammers) in our forum but they don't do anything.

I monitoring other fishing forums and see that there are also similar problems: these forums have more members than our but they also are inactive...

I came up with an idea in the next fishing season make videos on "how to". But this will be in the next year.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You have too many forums and not enough posts so it looks deserted. Delete or merge forums that have few posts in them. The reason they don't have posts is because it's not a big enough specific subject to be worthy of a separate forum. Less is more. I don't know the language the board is in but my guess is you have some forums there on each fish that people might catch. Bin them and just have a forum on 'fish' because then you suddenly have a forum with 100-200 posts instead of 10 forums with 10 posts each and that makes it look a lot more busy and that encourages more activity.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

KevC wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:50 amI don't know the language the board is
https://translate.google.com/#auto/en/SPORTINĖS%20ŽŪKLĖS%20KLUBAS%20ŽVEJONYS tells us Lithuanian. Ogoneks, carons and macrons in one alphabet is something I rarily encounter, so I didn't know either.
gflex1

Post by gflex1 »

yes, the language is Lithuanian.

I thinking of creating a poll. I need to understand what - and + our forum have.

What questions should I ask?
Ancient Viking

Post by Ancient Viking »

gflex1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:23 pm I thinking of creating a poll. I need to understand what - and + our forum have.

What questions should I ask?
About what people wants to talk about like sharing their pictures from a fishing holiday or something.

Another question(s) could be about what people wish the forum had, perhaps a few game forums for the most popular games e.g RPG, Strategy, Simluation, Online games (Elder Scrolls Online - ESO) etc.

Of course most forums these days always have a General Dicussion forum for the most common subjects.

Return to “General Discussion”