A buy and sell forum suggestion/question

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
TheButcher2

A buy and sell forum suggestion/question

Post by TheButcher2 »

Just wondering if you guys here running this forum would consider starting a "Buy and Sell" forum where phpBB users who want to buy and sell forums could post, it would sure be nice to be able to find existing forums for sale. I've been looking around and not had much luck finding forums to buy.

Peace
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: A buy and sell forum suggestion/question

Post by KevC »

I think there are already established sites that do that. I can't remember the name of it but there certainly used to be a forum for site admins which had a section for people to sell on sites they didn't have time to run any more.

Can't see it happening on here any time soon. This site is purely for support and distribution of the software.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
TheButcher2

Post by TheButcher2 »

Fair enough KevC thanks for the reply, was just an idea.

Peace
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

By the way, forums don't really make money. You might get a few dollars here and there from ads but not enough to live on. You'd have to buy a heck of a lot of sites to do that and then the business model makes no sense because you'd have to keep them for years and years to recoup just your investment. It's also very hard to actively run sites you don't really have a subject interest in.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"

Return to “General Discussion”