MySQL Extension

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
dutchmann

MySQL Extension

Post by dutchmann »

Hi, I'm completely new here (and probably in a very wrong part of the board), but I was trying to open a website (rowing.ucam.org) which is a message board, but I get the following error:

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
mysql_connect function does not exist, is mysql extension installed? []
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

The website is run by phpBB. I suppose it's very easy to solve, but even being quite into programming I have no idea how to fix it and would be very happy if anyone could help.

Thanks!
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Re: MySQL Extension

Post by HiFiKabin »

phpBB only provide the software and (other than here and area 51) do not run any boards. You will need to contact the board owner directly Who to contact concerning non-phpbb.com boards
bcousins
Name: Ben Cousins

Post by bcousins »

Just for the record, since it's been raised; the php-mysql extension is missing from the PHP installation. It's trivial to resolve, but needs to be done by the person who has access to that sort of thing. In CPanel's case, a majority of the time, this requires re-building PHP with the extension.
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

The php mysql extension was deprecated a long while ago in php 5.5.0 and removed in php 7.
In php 5.0.0, mysqli extension was added as a replacement for mysql
I won't recommend to install mysql extension even on php 5.x any longer, you can't use it on 7.x.

Just replace mysql by mysqli in your phpBB config.php and you should be up and running again.

Return to “General Discussion”