Where/How did you learn php?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Where/How did you learn php?

Post by warmweer »

RMcGirr83 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:33 pm
The best teacher I ever had, about 10 or so years ago, was an individual with a pseudonym of Ptirhiik. The original author of "Categories hierarchy". Looking back the absolute most patient person I have ever had the pleasure of "meeting" on line.
I remember Ptirhiik from my 2.0 days and although that's ages ago, I remember contacting him once regarding a problem I had with a mod I was writing ... and getting some very useful feedback. I also remember reading all his mod topics because he actually explained the logic in his code. Certainly a guy I learned a lot from.
ponchi101

Re: Where/How did you learn php?

Post by ponchi101 »

Thanks to all of you. Sound advice.
I installed XAMMP to run my localhost-based PHPBB forum, and learn how to use PHPBB. I found that Visual Studio Code can also use php, so I have that one running. I can look at files (from the ext's here) and I am trying to figure out syntax and such.
Like everything, it will be a while. I hope you guys won't mind if I post more questions ;)

txs again.

Return to “General Discussion”