store content of special sites

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
jan_2017

store content of special sites

Post by jan_2017 »

Hello

I am looking for a program that reads and stores the contents of a password protected page. There are several links on the page and the content of all links is necessary no matter in which form except on paper :)

I have an account at this site with my username and password, the content is for older vehicles and has already been paid by subscription.

Unfortunately it takes much too long to read and save everything.

Who has an idea?

Bye Jan
AmigoJack

Re: store content of special sites

Post by AmigoJack »

So you want to mirror a website, which can be done for 25+ years already. Notable programs for Windows are Offline Explorer, HTTrack or simply wget. Access credentials can be used in various ways, either by HTTP's basic access authentication or submitting the login form and then store all cookies to be used in the download program. Offline Explorer comes with an integrated MSIE, so you can browse to your favorite website, log in either way, and then download it - convinient for those only experienced to browsing websites.
jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

Works great with all these programms. :D 8-)

Unfortunately this doesn't work for the page I want to save offline. I think I have to go into even more detail. Or the page is just too high secured.

Thanks
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

This is impossible, as the programs act like any other client (speak: internet browser). But since you neither link to the site nor describe at which point "this doesn't work" I'm unable to help any further.
jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

Thanks for the help. I have to learn basics first.

Return to “General Discussion”