Luminar Review vs Lightroom?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
HansonA

Luminar Review vs Lightroom?

Post by HansonA »

Well I'm on the fence. I've been paying Adobe for 6 years for Lightroom and have my various bones to pick with it. I've been wanting to see an improvement with their catalog, it's speed, ability for short cuts and post processing power (which out having to export to Photoshop). I've been following the Luminar software and apparently these guys just released a version with a catalog. I was reading this review - https://www.photographytalk.com/post-pr ... nar-review

So now I'm thinking about making the move. I've read some other reviews and some say it's decent, others say this new Luminar is slow as hell. Internet is such a tough landscape to get accurate details. Have you guys done a bench test between the two? Any comments on performance/speed from one to the other you can share? Would you consider it over Lightroom yet? Or stick with Lightroom?

Well I'm your resident lurker saying thanks for all your help!
HansonA

Re: Luminar Review vs Lightroom?

Post by HansonA »

BTW if you have tested this out, and you have comment on speed, please indicate what specs your computer has. Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”