Aliens, UFOs, and the paranormal

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
I've Been Banned!

Aliens, UFOs, and the paranormal

Post by 2600 »

Anyone interested in this stuff? I listen to a radio station here in the states called Coast to Coast. I used to listen on my AM radio and shortwave radio way back in circa 2002. Now I listen to the station on my Amazon Echo Dot through iHeartRadio. If you live in the UK (which many here seem to), you can catch the show at 6AM your time. It starts at 11 PM my time Mountain Time. https://www.coasttocoastam.com/

Ever since I was a kid I would read books on UFO's and what not. I remember reading about the 1947 Roswell UFO and thought why isn't this big news? I guess the craft or apparent craft spread wreckage over 200 yards according to the rancher. Back then I thought I wanted to be a ufologist. Interesting to note is it was Josef Allen Hynek to be the father of ufology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Allen_Hynek There is a National UFO Reporting Center website and you'd be amazed at the reports. http://www.nuforc.org/

I remember back when I was 12 or 13 seeing the show The X-Files for the first time and was amazed. Here in the states it aired on Fox, then after The X-Files was the show Sightings by Tim White which was cool. You can probably find some old episodes on YouTube.
Jim Dominic

Re: Aliens, UFOs, and the paranormal

Post by Jim Dominic »

Used to be interested in it when I was a kid. Then I became interested in science and that was far better.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Here is one of your UFO's:

Thank you Kelly Johnson and the Skunk Works. It should come as no surprise that UFO sightings proliferated as the US started developing technology like the SR-71 with capabilities that even those in the industry would deem impossible. The US government even encouraged it.

Quick bit of trivia, the SR-71 leaked fuel while on the ground. It wasn't until the fuselage heated at high speeds and expanded as much as a foot during flight that the leaks would seal. It became more efficient the faster it flew, figure that one out. :P Amazing considering development started in the late 50's.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

amazing piece of aviation tech . however, it could not have been responsible for most of the UFO sightings. It was only one aircraft, it could not split into several, it could not go vertical in an instant and at a very high rate of speed etc.

robert
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

I saw the SR-71 in a museum and touched it. :lol: The precursor to the SR-71 was the A-12. Yes, I knew about the fuel leakage.

The two that I really wonder about are the TR-3B Black Manta and the Aurora.

Here's a video of the A-12 out of Area-51 (KXTA). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psdtKHyefwA
bubbathegimp
Name: Bubba

Post by bubbathegimp »

Quit listening to Coast to Coast when the show seemed to be more interested in becoming an overnight infomercial for stuff like Carnivora, and all the other various super vitamins etc...
Pretty much listen to Ground Zero now when I "Get the Bent"
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

None of the above are silent though nor can they turn at 45˚ at full speed (much higher than we're presently capable of I suspect) without squishing the occupants.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

UFO's are funny little things, most (if not all) don't stay U all that long ;)
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

warmweer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:50 am UFO's are funny little things, most (if not all) don't stay U all that long ;)
although clever, that statement is not very accurate.

there have been thousands of credible reports over the years that still are not indentified and remain "U".

robert
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:13 pm
warmweer wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:50 am UFO's are funny little things, most (if not all) don't stay U all that long ;)
although clever, that statement is not very accurate.

there have been thousands of credible reports over the years that still are not indentified and remain "U".

robert
Strictly interpreting the status of the report, I'll agree that my statement isn't correct. As to the "credibility" of those reports, it's a question of perspective, "unidentified" implies no formal identification was made, even though there may be several credible explanations.
This reminds me of many a Roswell incident:
alien.png
Sorry, couldn't resist this one ;)
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

I try to look at things logically, given the vastness of the Universe and it's age whether other life exists, has existed or will exist is very likely yes. The primary issue in determining that is the distance. Even within our galaxy if a another life form were able to travel at the speed of light that trip could take them as much as 200,000 earth years. About the only hope we currently have of finding other life is within our own solar system such as Europa or some other moon.

As far aliens here on earth setting aside the obvious question of how did they get here at this particular time I'm not so sure what would be the logical explanation for them to hide their presence. One thing is certainly clear, if they have the technology to get here you better hope they don't decide to use that giant can of Galactic Raid™. :o
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “General Discussion”