Mobile Device Back Button Retunis To Top Of Page

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
aeneas1

Mobile Device Back Button Retunis To Top Of Page

Post by aeneas1 »

i want to get the same behavior on mobile devices as i get from my desktop (pc) when navigating my discussion forum.... when using a pc, if i hit the browser's back button it returns me to the spot where i launched the page from, so, for example, it would return me to the middle of the previous page if that's where i happened to be before i navigated away from it.

but when i use a mobile device i'm returned to the top of the previous page when i hit the back button, not the location i launched from, which is frustrating, especially when using a mobile device! so is there a way to change this behavior and have it return to the spot i launched from? thanks very much!
david63

Re: Mobile Device Back Button Retunis To Top Of Page

Post by david63 »

aeneas1 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:52 pm so is there a way to change this behavior
Have you tried asking this question/searching for a solution on a board that deals with mobile browsers?
aeneas1

Post by aeneas1 »

yep, been googling the topic and posted at stackflow, just thought it might be something common that phpbb users have come across, and fixed.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

aeneas1 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:52 pmi want to get the same behavior on mobile devices as i get from my desktop (pc)
You can, as what you describe is a software problem, not one of the hardware. Use the same internet browser on both devices to achieve the same behaviour - compare/confuse different software on different operating systems and you'll get inconsistencies.

Return to “General Discussion”