Page 1 of 1

Amp

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:55 pm
by ibrahimisahin
hello, I want to speed up my site with amp software, but what do I need to paste amp label codes to?

Re: Amp

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:58 pm
by david63
What does Amp say?

Re: Amp

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:02 pm
by ibrahimisahin
david63 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:58 pm
What does Amp say?
This https://amp.dev/

Re: Amp

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:06 pm
by ibrahimisahin
david63 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:58 pm
What does Amp say?
Now, I want to speed up my site for mobile devices with the amp project, but what folder or file do I need to load the javascript codes that the amp project has given me?

Re: Amp

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:10 pm
by KevC
Your pages already load in a fraction of a second. I suspect the difference will be almost imperceptible.

Re: Amp

Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:11 pm
by ibrahimisahin
KevC wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:10 pm
Your pages already load in a fraction of a second. I suspect the difference will be almost imperceptible.
The amp is loading the project much faster, you know it.

Re: Amp

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:05 am
by Mick
AMP is a way to build web pages for static content that render fast . . .
Bulletin boards by nature are anything but static.

Re: Amp

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:34 am
by KevC
ibrahimisahin wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:11 pm
KevC wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:10 pm
Your pages already load in a fraction of a second. I suspect the difference will be almost imperceptible.
The amp is loading the project much faster, you know it.
When something already loads in under 1 second, the term 'much faster' is extremely subjective.

Uncomment this line in your config.php file and you'll see the load time in the footer.
@define('PHPBB_DISPLAY_LOAD_TIME', true);

Re: Amp

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:47 pm
by ibrahimisahin
KevC wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:34 am
ibrahimisahin wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:11 pm
KevC wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:10 pm
Your pages already load in a fraction of a second. I suspect the difference will be almost imperceptible.
The amp is loading the project much faster, you know it.
When something already loads in under 1 second, the term 'much faster' is extremely subjective.

Uncomment this line in your config.php file and you'll see the load time in the footer.
@define('PHPBB_DISPLAY_LOAD_TIME', true);
my config.php file in the main directory?

Re: Amp

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 9:52 pm
by Lumpy Burgertushie
yes, in the main forum directory.


robert

Re: Amp

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:21 pm
by Sniper_E
Even with Amp helping with loading the page a few miliseconds faster, a mobile user can only load as fast as their internet connection. No 4G connection can load as fast as your desktop with Internet. I'm with KevC, it's not benificial trying to speed up something already fast.

Re: Amp

Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 11:57 pm
by Lumpy Burgertushie
Sniper_E wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 10:21 pm
No 4G connection can load as fast as your desktop with Internet.
depends on your internet speed. some 4g lte can download as fast as 150MBs which is way faster than a lot of home internet connections like satellite, dsl etc.I am currently using a small box that is a 4g lte wireless modem for att. I am only getting 3g speeds of around 5MBs download because of a problem with att. however, that is a couple of MBs faster than my att uverse was. I do live out in the country, no cable etc.

robert