Hey everybody

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
I've Been Banned!

Hey everybody

Post by 2600 »

I've been having pain in my top part of the stomach and today I just got back from the ER. They did an ultrasound and found out I have gallstones. So in the near future here I'll be having surgery to have my gallbladder removed. Posting here in case I actually die on the operating table. Pretty unlikely but you never know and if that should ever happen you'll know why I'm not posting here anymore.
.m.

Re: Hey everybody

Post by .m. »

wishing you success with the surgery , speedy recovery & return with good health :)
EA117

Post by EA117 »

That doesn't sound like very much fun. I think you successfully jinxed anything from happening by acknowledging it though, since the unexpected tends to happen when it's unexpected. So rest up and heal well, and we'll see you back afterwards. 😎 "You'll be bach..."
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

John connor wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:06 am I'll be having surgery to have my gallbladder removed. Posting here in case I actually die on the operating table.
LOL!
I went through that 9 years ago. Complications are pretty rare, but just before that I had just watched an episode of House or something where someone died from that surgery.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

My wife had hers removed 4 years ago. Best thing shes ever done (other than marry me of course)

Good luck
canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Post by canonknipser »

John connor wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:06 am Posting here in case I actually die on the operating table
I guess if you live in a developed country it is very unexpected to die during a routine surgery. The chance to die from a traffic incident is higher, I suppose. But i assume from your other posting you are a very pessimistic person - so: Think positive!

I wish you good luck and hope to read you again soon :!:
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

So far so good. They're holding me over in case of a pancreatitis.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

This was the view from my room. In the background are the Colorado Rocky Mountains.

JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

There are way worse views. Hope everything went well. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Heo32

Post by Heo32 »

JimA wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:09 pm There are way worse views.
In other words, Jim is not impressed. But I am. Great view!
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

Hello John Connor

My son always had a fiery stomach after dinner. He was also very hot from the outside.
The doctor always said it was just heartburn. This although he has an unknown hereditary disease and has to eat something all day to not starve. In the last months, however, he gained weight around his stomach, like a pregnant woman.
When his doctor was on vacation and he had to go to the substitution again because of problems, she sent him for a special x-ray. After that everything went extremely fast. He had extremely many and huge gallstones. The surgeon said that he had never seen anything like it before. However, the gall bladder was not removed.

I find it quite extreme to remove the whole gall bladder immediately.

Get well soon in any case!
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

In my case the gallbladder had a stone in it so that's why they removed it. In addition to that I had stones in the tract so I had those removed from the tract.
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

Heo32 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:45 pm
JimA wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:09 pm There are way worse views.
In other words, Jim is not impressed. But I am. Great view!
Much the opposite, I really like it! A linguistic misunderstanding, I suppose the meaning of this expression sounds more positive in my native language. :)
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Forex Station

Post by Forex Station »

John connor wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:06 am I've been having pain in my top part of the stomach and today I just got back from the ER. They did an ultrasound and found out I have gallstones. So in the near future here I'll be having surgery to have my gallbladder removed. Posting here in case I actually die on the operating table. Pretty unlikely but you never know and if that should ever happen you'll know why I'm not posting here anymore.
Once you get it removed you'll be feeling brand new. Speedy recovery and prayers for you man.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

It was already removed May 23.

Return to “General Discussion”