Open links in new tab

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
AmigoJack

Re: Open links in new tab

Post by AmigoJack »

Again I want to outline: don't force all your board users what only you want. Why not setting up your local software to always open new tabs?
AmigoJack wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:34 am
It also comes down to the internet browser and how it lets you make settings per website - years ago Opera (v12 and before) could be configured perfectly for all that without being bound to what the website owner wanted or missed.
Up to this day I don't understand website owners that force me to do at least 5 clicks (and then I the actual data is still hidden in a PDF) with the outcome of having 5 new tabs - as if I'm never done reading any of the previous pages.

globetrotting

Post by globetrotting »

warmweer wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:39 pm
Actually, the elonw is quite transparent and you could edit it to cancel the check for internal inks (which are left as they are), so that all links are treated as "external" and open in a new window...
Ty! I will definitely have a closer look at that asap (but still working on more essential adaptations).
I also found that: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... w-windows/

globetrotting

Post by globetrotting »

warmweer wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:39 pm
Actually, the elonw is quite transparent and you could edit it to cancel the check for internal inks...
My wish is foremost to have selectively the search result page of phpBB-search opened in a new tab as it would ease my workflow considerably. (I couldn't add this condition to elonw myself.)
For that reason I opened a new theme here: viewtopic.php?f=641&t=2538581

Return to “General Discussion”