Finally some good news!!

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
warmweer

Finally some good news!!

Post by warmweer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:22 am

BBC wrote:Mr Johnson has vowed to leave on 31 October with or without a deal.
I'm not quite certain whether BJ (oh well, what he does in his spare time is none of my business) fully understands the implications of this, but I can only applaud his statement and hope he's a man of his word. :lol:

canonknipser
Name: Frank Jakobs

Re: Finally some good news!!

Post by canonknipser » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:30 pm

Maybe he moves to his friend in DC?

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 pm

canonknipser wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:30 pm
Maybe he moves to his friend in DC?
Troland Dump won't let him immigrate if he can't deliver. ;)

I am not pleased with the prospect of Brexit at all!! BBC 1 & 2 wouldn't be included in the default TV channels from my provider anymore, which would mean no more cricket on TV. Disaster! :evil:

canonknipser

Post by canonknipser » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:23 pm

I see - so everybody has his own priorities :lol:

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:39 pm

canonknipser wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:23 pm
Yeah :lol:

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:24 am

canonknipser wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:23 pm
We all have an agenda, mine just has less influence on the state of the world than BJ's or DT's. :mrgreen:

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:32 am

You get cricket on the BBC? We only get it on Sky and it’s expensive.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:22 am

So tired of that stupid brexit news everyday :cry:

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:34 pm

Mick wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:32 am
You get cricket on the BBC? We only get it on Sky and it’s expensive.
It used to be on the BBC but it's been quite some time since I've seen it, apart for some short match overviews. Now and then there's an internet site providing live coverage (not legal, and variable links but a search usually comes up with somethng - not that I've ever tried it ;) :mrgreen: )

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:51 pm

</Solidjeuh> wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:22 am
So tired of that stupid brexit news everyday :cry:
I think the whole of Europe is, and not only about the Brexit.
I still can't fathom how the so-called civilised world can be "mislead" by campaigns full of incorrect, even outright false information. One would think the historic events leading to the World Wars (and other crises) would serve as an example on how to NOT let a country be governed by narcissistic demagogs. I'm a firm believer in democracy but lately I've started to have doubts about the "demos" part.

canonknipser

Post by canonknipser » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:55 pm

warmweer wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:25 pm
cricket on TV
I guess you will have at least some more weeks with cricket on your screen
</Solidjeuh> wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:22 am
stupid brexit news
and those kind of news - (stupid news or stupid brexit?)

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:37 pm

canonknipser wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:55 pm
and those kind of news - (stupid news or stupid brexit?)
Well? My opinion is that Brexit is a stupid idea if not a farce but if GB really wants a Brexit (debateable) - do it in an orderly fashion and reduce the damage to both parties, but GDI get it over with and stop wasting time and money (and creating resentment - since no Brexit now is no guarantee at all that this whole charade won't start all over again in a couple of years.

The good news is that Nadal is playing well but the bad news is that the expected (or hoped for) clash in the final won't take place (and there are signs that Nadal's left arm isn't holding up too well so the 19th major is far from a certainty).
And yeah, Steve Smith again showed England how batting should be done. ;)

Dan Stylez

Post by Dan Stylez » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

The one good thing that I hope comes out of Brexit is regardless of how bad it turns out to be - or how good it turns out to be (you never know)... people will learn not to trust everything they get told, i/e buses suggesting millions of £££££ for the NHS etc.

I think it will be a game changer for politics here, people trying to win elections will realise the seriousness of making false promises to get votes and people will hopefully call them out for it straight away.

In America they have a president who lies on a weekly basis, they have huge gun problems - nothing to do with the fact that apparently you're legally old enough to buy a gun in parts of the USA before you're legally old enough to buy alcohol... so regardless of how Brexit turns out - I'm thankful we live in a country where mass shootings aren't "the norm" and am optimistically hopeful that although Boris uses a lot of Trump language he won't start lying every week.

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Dan Stylez wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm
people will learn not to trust everything they get told,
Dan Stylez wrote:
In America they have a president who lies on a weekly basis
you say that because the lying media tells you that. it is actually false. the people that keep calling him a liar can not produce any proof/examples when called on it
Dan Stylez wrote:
I'm thankful we live in a country where mass shootings aren't "the norm"
nope just mass stabbings and acid attacks. in america more people are killed every year by hammers than my
so called assault weapons. by the way, there is no such thing as an assault weapon unless you call the military rifles assault weapons. things like an AR 15 are simply semi auto rifles. you have to pull the trigger for each shot.

oh, I could be mistaken but I believe that the majority of the british people voted several times for brexit.

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:12 pm
oh, I could be mistaken but I believe that the majority of the british people voted several times for brexit.
According to what I've been reading on the BBC (usually quite trustworthy) and in newspapers (usually less objective), there was 1 official referendum in which the majority of those who voted were for Brexit. not everyone who was entitled to vote, actually voted and most of those were anti-Brexit (according to a BBC analysis the brexiteers were a lot more inclined to vote than the non-brexiteers). Also, quite a large group (the younger ones who where not yet entitled to vote, lacking a couple of months) didn't have a say in it - but now more than 2 years later they are stuck with the results of a dubious campaign which used false data (and the anti-Brexiteers lacked the state of mind to set the facts straight - so yes the population is probably getting what it deserves).

And YES, i do agree that the EU wastes a lot of money (like Nigel Garage's European salary for one) and some of the British criticism is entirely valid, but (part of the) GB seems to refuse to see the (among others: economic) benefits that the European Union brings and apparently doesn't accept that GB itself (as a rich nation) has/had to carry part of the "burden" in order to improve the standard of life in the newer member states.

The way I see it, there's no valid argument against a new referendum, but then the propaganda should be objectively scrutinised so that the result can be truly considered as being the will of the people (and seriously a difference of 1 or 1.5% shouldn't be allowed to be justification for a decision which has such far-reaching consequences).
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:12 pm
Dan Stylez wrote:
In America they have a president who lies on a weekly basis
you say that because the lying media tells you that. it is actually false. the people that keep calling him a liar can not produce any proof/examples when called on it
Is that so? or have you been listening to the lying media Trump too much?
Seriously the guy has a couple of mental issues which haven't been included in the DSM yet .

Return to “General Discussion”