Finally some good news!!

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Gumboots

Re: Finally some good news!!

Post by Gumboots »

warmweer wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:09 pm
That would be the logical thing to do, but the time frame (since the raid was held on Saturday night US time) for a confirming DNA analysis is (more than a trifle) short.
News today is saying they had DNA samples in advance of the raid, and used those to confirm identity before going ahead.

Example: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... s-dna-test
He continued: “Our own source, who had been able to reach Al Baghdadi, brought Al Baghdadi’s underwear to conduct a DNA test and make sure (100%) that the person in question was Al Baghdadi himself.”
1/ Collect underpants.
2/ .........
3/ Kaboom!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Gumboots wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:28 am
News today is saying they had DNA samples in advance of the raid, and used those to confirm identity before going ahead.
The Guardian" wrote:Baghdadi’s remains were then transported to a secure facility to confirm his identity with forensic DNA testing,
That implies that DNA testing was done after he was killed and the remains transported to a site where DNA testing was possible; The fact that they had DNA samples beforehand don't change the time necessary for DNA analysis, it only serves to confirm that the DNA sampled matches that of a person previously identified.
It sounds too much like a fairytale used to adulate/glorify the achievement. Most probably DNA sampling was done beforehand to confirm the subject's identity.
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

warmweer wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:02 am
Most probably DNA sampling was done beforehand to confirm the subject's identity.
Yes, that is exactly the point. They nicked some of his clothing, tested it to make sure the person wearing it was Baghdadi, and then went ahead with the raid on that basis.

If they also tested some of his remains after the raid, just for confirmation, that makes sense too. It doesn't conflict with advance DNA testing.
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

rather than just speculate check out this story about how it was actually done.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/how-al-ba ... tified-dna

robert
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

OK, I prefer staying up to date through scientific journals but this will do. Apparently I'm way behind on developments :oops:
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 0574812160 (read on https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51003159)
These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!
12:25 - 5 jan. 2020
WTF?: is Twitter now the communication system between "The President" and Congress?

and then :
US Senator Elizabeth Warren, a senior member of the Democratic Party, responded by tweeting: "You are threatening to commit war crimes."
It's bloody contagious :shock:
Mannix_
Name: Matt

Post by Mannix_ »

warmweer wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:15 am

It's bloody contagious :shock:
"This is America" :lol: :lol:
Dan Stylez

Post by Dan Stylez »

Anderson Cooper, what a guy,

The "ridicule list" fantastic,

For 2 years if you switch on CNN between 1 and 2 am in the UK you will see him ranting and trying to ridicule Donald Trump or his staff or people that like him.

He's smiling away taking the biscuit out of the female press secretary... and i'm thinking "well buddy, you've sat there for 2 years trying to take the mickey and turn people against him and guess what... he's still the president"

I don't really like the Trump, but when these people try to take the mickey out of him - it seems to be through bitterness and jealousy, even the impeachment - shocking that he tried to blackmail the Ukraine... but that Schiff guy, "we've not spoke to the whistle blower" then it comes out that they have - makes them just as bad as bad as him.

As for the impeachment, the Democrats.. blimey, crikey... they all on the TV... I'm voting to impeach because... "my granny..." or "I moved here to..." was like a soap opera, everyone wanting to promote themselves... we here to talk about Trump? nah just thought I'd tell you about ma pops.

The whole thing looked like a joke and Pelosi's ramblings about people "looking down" topped it off, the Democrats don't deserve to win 2020, the standards they displayed proved they were more interested in personal gain rather than the interests of the American people.

COYR!!!!!!
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

Dan Stylez wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:13 am
...the Democrats don't deserve to win 2020, the standards they displayed proved they were more interested in personal gain rather than the interests of the American people.
Does this mean the Repubs deserve to win this year? Their behaviour has been even worse.

ETA: Just had my first big laugh of the day, after finding this comment online...

"Republicans preach fiscal conservatism, yet they always find money for war."
Random American

Post by Random American »

We need what we can't have, and that is a third party gaining power. I would say the prime days of both the Republicans and Democrats are way behind them.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Good luck with that, new parties have appeared and disappeared for as long as I can remember in the UK without getting elected. The only one that really made any difference in my lifetime was the Brexit Party and they had no intention to rule they just had a solid modus operandi - they achieved exactly what they wanted.

Incidentally, what flavour would a third party be in the US? The way I see it the Republicans are conservative which ever way you look at it. The Democrats are middle of the road, more like the Liberals in the UK, so I can only imagine any new (major) party would have to be hard left or Marxist?
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Mick wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:41 am
The only one that really made any difference was the Brexit Party and they had no intention to rule they just had a solid modus operandi - they achieved exactly what they wanted.
The Brexit party is/was in reality a "temporary" thing, basically conservative and (the way I see it) orchestrated (certainly in the later stages) to "swing" some votes from Labour, votes that would generally not go to the Conservatives. Quite an intelligent move actually to weaken Labour.

The US is a dinosaur with it's voting system and the financial requirements almost make it impossible for Independents or a real third party to get a foothold.
You know the saying: a country gets the president it deserves 8-) (although in the current case I think that punishment is too harsh :lol: )
John connor
Name: Aaron

Post by John connor »

Gumboots wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:57 pm
Their behaviour has been even worse.
Care to elaborate on that?

As I see, hear and listen to the media from all forms, it's been apparent that the Dems have had it in for Trump since day one. Not just with a false dossier, but in the media circles. In fact, since Trump was elected many called for the electoral college not to vote for him superseding the people's vote. Now some want to overturn the way a President is elected never mind the reason behind an electoral college and how it gives a fair shake to all states.

Here in the U.S. we are a democratic republic. Not a democracy.

Now to those that hate Trump, suck it up! I've had to put up with Obozo for 8 years and you too can put up with a President for 8 years as well. The torch always changes hands so stop whining like a baby. In fact, in 2024 Nikki Haley may win. :twisted: :lol:
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

for all you misinformed trump haters, give this a read:
https://710wor.iheart.com/featured/mark ... ts-so-far/
you won't find any of this mentioned on any of the main stream media .

robert
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:13 pm
for all you misinformed trump haters, give this a read:
https://710wor.iheart.com/featured/mark ... ts-so-far/
you won't find any of this mentioned on any of the main stream media .
Actually you will, but put in the right context.
As a president he sucks, and as a human being he ... well I'm a decent guy so I'll refrain from expressing my thoughts.

Return to “General Discussion”