new company licence

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Shof515

new company licence

Post by Shof515 »

I heard that inorder to start a new paid hosting compnay that you need to file for a licence and something else for trademarks and copyrights.Can anyone fil me in?
Whos missing up my sig?

volunteerman

Post by volunteerman »

I am not sure, but I guess you have a register a corporation with your state (in the U.S. it is called Inc., other countries it might be AG, Ltd. etc.) Most of it depends on your state.
Donate to the misfortunate tsunami victims: MORE INFO HERE -- also a good PhotoLog.

gary_atb

Re: new company licence

Post by gary_atb »

Shof515 wrote: I heard that inorder to start a new paid hosting compnay that you need to file for a licence and something else for trademarks and copyrights.Can anyone fil me in?

hmmmm I dont think so? (not for the UK at least?) you have to buy licenses for cpanel and so on...? you'll probably have to register your company to an address (here you do?) but other than that?

Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

In the UK, you have to register your company with Companies House.

To use cPanel you need a cPanel license for your server.

I think this answers your question.

Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

do you know where to register in the USA?
Whos missing up my sig?

volunteerman

Post by volunteerman »

There are so many: here is one http://www.form-a-corp.com/ ... in your state, New York, this is the "official site" http://www.dos.state.ny.us/corp/corpspub.html .
Donate to the misfortunate tsunami victims: MORE INFO HERE -- also a good PhotoLog.

G-Dub

Post by G-Dub »

Just for information, in the UK you only have to register at companies house if you are going to be a limited company, but if you are having a web hosting company in the UK it is doubtful you will want to become registered, leads to a lot of extra paperwork etc, although it also has it's advantages. If you want more information, contact my business brain through PM.

Another condition of a company becoming limited that I remember is that it has £50,000 capital, and that is quite a lot :P
Yoxio.com :: Free Image Hosting
"OSX: The $2000 operating system with a free computer"

Techie-Micheal
Security Consultant

Post by Techie-Micheal »

In the US, you can form a company in a few hours if you so desire. No paperwork is needed. However ... if you wish to become a legal entity, you'll at least need to go to your Chamber of Commerce. For corporations (why a single entity company wants to be a corporation is beyond me as the taxes and liabilities far outweight the benefits AFAICS), you'll need to register appropriately.
Proven Offensive Security Expertise. OSCP - GXPN

revsorg

Post by revsorg »

G-Dub wrote: Another condition of a company becoming limited that I remember is that it has £50,000 capital, and that is quite a lot :P

I was unaware of this.

volunteerman

Post by volunteerman »

Techie-Micheal wrote: In the US, you can form a company in a few hours if you so desire. No paperwork is needed.

Huh, I didn't know that. How do you do this?

G-Dub

Post by G-Dub »

revsorg wrote:
G-Dub wrote:Another condition of a company becoming limited that I remember is that it has £50,000 capital, and that is quite a lot :P

I was unaware of this.

You know, I got taught it in business management at school, so the chances are that it is outdated info, but thought i'd post it anyway! Maybe that is a condition of a plc?
Yoxio.com :: Free Image Hosting
"OSX: The $2000 operating system with a free computer"

Draegonis
Former Team Member

Post by Draegonis »

G-Dub wrote: You know, I got taught it in business management at school, so the chances are that it is outdated info, but thought i'd post it anyway! Maybe that is a condition of a plc?

Per chance, by Miss Saggy... eh, nevermind.

volunteerman

Post by volunteerman »

So, did you ever start the company? If you have found more information, please do share it with us (might be helpful in future, not that I am interested starting a hosting business). Knowledge is never bad.

Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

The large sum of money of for a Public limited company.

To be a Limited company needs no money only assets like offices (or trading premises).

Return to “General Discussion”